Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security says it’s protected but the detailed report indicates a persistent Trojan exists

Kaspersky Internet Security says it’s protected but the detailed report indicates a persistent Trojan exists

I am running KIS 11.0.1.400 on Windows 7. KIS reports that my PC is secured, my databases are up to date and I possess no dynamic threats. Yet day before yesterday I perceived that from the itemized report I was inching toward getting repeated reports of a Trojan tainting "Detected: Trojan.Win32.FakeAV.ehld". This passage shows up numerous times a day in the log (apparently each several hours or something like that) and has been going on for some time unnoticed by me. The extent that I could probably tell these log sections are went with by no pop up or warning from KIS. It is actually there in the log. Now and then, promptly when that entrance in the log is a different occasion demonstrating that there was an Update occasion in the log, in some kits not.

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security says it’s protected but the detailed report indicates a persistent Trojan exists

Same with me, the document exists at the area specified in the log. In the distinguished threats segment of KIS the document is recorded as Quarantined on 8/13 and is characterized as unknown threat UDS:ThreatousObject.MultiGeneric with Criticality catalogued as "High". I did a full scan yesterday following perceiving this in the log and it reverted nothing. KIS just essentially tells me that I'm secured. I've attempted examining that single record and it moreover tells me the file is unadulterated and holds no viruses or malware. Will someone indicate me in the right course in the matter of what to do following to clean this situation?

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security says it’s protected but the detailed report indicates a persistent Trojan exists

I have attempted the following procedure that is I cleared the substance of my Temp folder utilizing the directions you gave; I moreover cleared the Java cache, and when doing both those things rebooted the PC and afterward recovered the status report as you asked. It is joined. The elucidation on the "infected" report, it is an alleviation to know that "infected" doesn't mean I hold those contaminations.

Just about every last traces of those are pdm.rootshell discoveries. Pdm.rootshell is a behavioral detection. Since the article that is doing the detection is known, sheltered, from the official source, then the location is alright. You are able to right click every recognition and Add to prohibitions if the parts are from the official source.

I did that for the application I know and trust. That still leaves numerous that I either don't distinguish (i.e. SUPER\SUPER.EXE, or documents from assorted TEMP folders or filees) or are from application I had installed at one time and uninstalled (i.e. SABNZBD/SABNZBD.exe). Might as well I just erase those without avoiding them?

If its not too much trouble clear your Java cache and moreover clear the substance of your Temp folder. Then right click and Add to rejections the sum total of the location that are in Program Files, and the Tor part, as well. When that, please right click the discoveries that show up in your screenshot, then select Delete or Clear or Remove. Then Exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray symbol, then reboot. When that, please scan again with Kaspersky and post any new/remaining detection.

I cleared the Java cache and the temp folder, then after that avoided all parts that referenced the Program Files Folder and erased the others. Then left via right clicking on the tray symbol, rebooted and ran a full scan. The full output reported nothing. The connected picture demonstrates the status of the "located" tab when the scan. On the other hand the itemized report indicates that KIS still identified the same Trojan several hours when the final location, however none of this is reflected in the caught tab unexpectedly the final event, at 9:57 happened while the full output was running.

One tactic is to send a duplicate of the located protest the Lab; guidelines are found in the third imperative subject. A different tactic is to uninstall and re install Kaspersky, scan, and see if the same part shows up in Detected. Still yet a different tactic is to unadulterated install Kaspersky form 2012. Directions for clean instate Version 2012 are found in the Home User area of this discussion > the Important points.

I lack the capacity to send the article to the labs as the reference is to a document that no longer exists. It vanished the first time I cleared the Java Cache. It's too late today where I am to start the method, but I will attempt a uninstall reinstall with KIS 2012 tomorrow or the following day. I'll report again following I do it and have given the situation a few hours to repeat provided that its determined to.

I did a recent install of KIS 2012. When about four hours the article of the Trojan I was getting has not showed up. Every last item appears to be fine.