Thread: automatically virus sending emails from my mail account

automatically virus sending emails from my mail account

I got the complaint from my friend telling about sending so many mails at a time. I was shocked that I have not send any of the mails to him then how can he get the mails. I was surprised then I thought that my account must have been hacked. But when searched about the reason it was not due to hacking but was due to the virus which was automatically sending the mails to the contacts from my list. I have kaspersky Internet security 2012 installed on my computer then I how can its not detecting virus. Now what should I do to remove the virus from the account since its sending the emails continuously.

Re: automatically virus sending emails from my mail account

I can just say that run your kaspersky internet Antivirus and see that, can it help to scan the virus in your email account or not. But before that I want to know that you have not mention that does your KIS 2012 is running on trial version or full version. If it is running on the trial version then you have to get the latest update and if you have full version then you can have the latest update from internet and then scan your email account. I guess it would be able to detect the virus .

Yeh he is right you have to need the complete scanning of your email account ….I think by this only it is possible to remove the virus otherwise it will go on infecting more and would make send email continuously.

I forgot you to say that I have kaspersky internet security 2012 but its trial version and has expired since last month. Now the thing is that I don’t have the latest update and when I click on the update button , I get the message that if your trial version has expired , to get the latest update you can buy the licence copy of “Kaspersky Internet Security 2012” now what can I do to have the latest update.

If you have the trial copy then try installing the other antivirus and try scanning it. And make sure that the antivirus you are installing have the proper update otherwise it may not catch the virus properly and your account will remain infected.

I would suggest why you people risk yourself to get infected to virus for saving the quite a few bucks. I would suggest you to buy any of the licence copy of the antivirus like quick heal , kaspersky or Norton and many more products are available in the market just buy one from them and just scan your account . I am sure you will be able to get rid of the virus from your email account. Try it buying out today itself.

I have got the licence copy of quick heal 2012 total security, but now the problem is that where to scan for virus to my email account .

Adelwolf Guest

Get yourself a decent router and ditch your software firewall, which just give a poor sense of security, and activate Windows default one.It's very easy to disable a software f/w.BTW, I hope you are running as Limited User when going online.

Now do the following things to scan your email account. Open the quick heal antivirus and you can see that the email protection is on and still if you want to scan the for the virus then you can do it manually. Open the quick heal antivirus => click on scan => then follow the instructions as per showed on the screen. I think its one of the best antivirus and there will no more virus infected system you can now enjoy copying , surfing and installing any kind od files or software without any worrying .