Thread: Unable to access the external hard drive (Server) over the WLAN connection using Cisco switches at school

Unable to access the external hard drive (Server) over the WLAN connection using Cisco switches at school

I should tackle a situation in the accompanying situation: In a school there are several discrete segments. In every segment there is a CISCO switch. Both switches are associated to the web over a Router in a particular building. There is likewise a WLAN router joined to one of the switches that gives Wireless web access. The situation is that I can’t access the outside hard drive (Server) over the WLAN reciprocity. Then again depending on if I interface the server to the WLAN router then I would be able to enter it over the WLAN but can’t access it over the link reciprocity anymore.

Re: Unable to access the external hard drive (Server) over the WLAN connection using Cisco switches at school

Internet Connection (ISP) Room 1
    • connects to

Switch 1 (Room2) Dynamic IP Addressing (The WLAN Router and the Buffalo Server are connected to switch one)
    • connects to
      Switch 2 (Room3) Dynamic IP Addressing

Switch one and several are furnishing LAN and virtual world access to the desktop PCs and the Belkin WLAN router is giving WLAN access online world to the laptops. The ip location pool for the WLAN is from 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.100 (This is what the Belkin Router states). I trust this helps.

Re: Unable to access the external hard drive (Server) over the WLAN connection using Cisco switches at school

The wireless router has no track to get to the grid drive that is on a distinctive network/subnet than what the wireless router is giving out. By interfacing the drive to the wireless router, its putting it on the same subnet as your wireless customers and hence might be gained entrance to by them. Then it is likewise blocking clients from outside the router from getting to the drive. In light of the fact that its simply a straightforward Belkin home wireless router you might undoubtedly make a static track to the drive, or put it in the DMZ on the router and you may have the ability to gain entrance to it when its joined to the router from the lan.

Getting from the WLAN to the head on your LAN is determined to depend on how well you would be able to arrange the tracks on both your WLAN router and whatever your lan router is. Least demanding thing to do could be to transform the router into a right to gain entrance indicate where every last trace of the activity was on the same network/subnet and every person could access the drive.