Thread: How to stop wifi access to open SSID in Cisco Aironet 1140 AP'?

How to stop wifi access to open SSID in Cisco Aironet 1140 AP'?

I am utilizing Cisco Aironet 1140 AP's, I have a basic but engaging situation. I have various SSID's set for the AP. One is the workplace SSID with security and the second one is Guest SSID which has no security. Office SSID is tracked through a firewall and the visitor SSID is tracked straight to online world having no limitations. My situation is, office users are joining to the open SSID and utilizing anything without any confinement depleting my transmission capacity. By what means would I be able to stop them associating to the open SSID while the outside of office users or visitors can associate effectively?

Re: How to stop wifi access to open SSID in Cisco Aironet 1140 AP'?

You could need to run over to the Office Users PC/wireless gadget, and physically design them to unite to the wanted network, then after that set that grid up as the default reciprocity. That method comes what may they leave and return, their mechanism will associate mechanically to the default network.

I could put a password on the open ssid, an effortless one like "guestinternet" or something actually to stop the customers from automatic interfacing. I know my iphone join to open ssid and it is all in all bothering for me.

I think his situation is the laborers are completing it purposefully. They know the visitor SSID is unfiltered, and utilize that to surf the network and whatnot rather than living out the sifted union. You are able to either sift the visitor network, or get an economical customer online world association, and get the visitor network off of your grid juncture.

I have nine Cisco AP's putting ACL for each and every AP and after that testing could be chaotic. I would like to make the setup complex. I speculate I require a Cisco AP controller.

Setting up mechanical association to office SSID is a no go, for the reason that they can still disengage from that, and pick a different one. You could probably evade this on the other hand through Group Policy but in that case users won't have the capacity to join to their home wireless. The most basic as even now specified is to situated up a basic WPA-PSK for visitor access and don't tell the users. It can additionally effectively be displaced from chance to time.