Thread: Is there any alternative to wireshark?

Is there any alternative to wireshark?

The title says it all, so do anyone here have some alternative to the wireshark then dol et m,e know about the same as soon as possible. Since wirehsrak is not good for monitoring the traffic in the RJ11 port. So I want a simple app that will help me in monitoring the traffic in the RJ11 port, so do you all have any idea about any simple app that will help me in the process then do let me know as soon as possible. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same. so that’s what I want to say here. your help will be highly appreciated.

Re: Is there any alternative to wireshark?

Quote Originally Posted by silvery View Post
    The title says it all, so do anyone here have some alternative to the wireshark then dol et m,e know about the same as soon as possible. Since wirehsrak is not good for monitoring the traffic in the RJ11 port. So I want a simple app that will help me in monitoring the traffic in the RJ11 port, so do you all have any idea about any simple app that will help me in the process then do let me know as soon as possible. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same. so that’s what I want to say here. your help will be highly appreciated.
    I would recommend you to have a look at Fiddler and hence that is what I think would be a ideal suggestion for you and hence that’s what my ideal recommendation for you. it is a Web Debugging Proxy that will allow you to control the traffic between the computer and the internet. Yes tried and tested product good for you. so you can check this product for a change.

If you are working in mac system then I would ask you to go with the KisMac I think that’s a ideal suggestion that I would like to give you in the situations like these and hence that’s what I want to say here. stumbler/scanner application for Mac OS X that does make use of the monitor mode for the scanning purpose and hence that’s what I want to say here. so hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here. get with the KisMac and let me know how much you liked the particular application.

Before more such suggestions come up I would like to sk from you is that are you looking for something that would capture the network data? So is that what you are looking for? So that I can suggest you the necessary application that will do the work for you on to that basis and hence that’s what I am saying here. so do answer out the question that I have asked here.

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpeed View Post
    Before more such suggestions come up I would like to sk from you is that are you looking for something that would capture the network data? So is that what you are looking for? So that I can suggest you the necessary application that will do the work for you on to that basis and hence that’s what I am saying here. so do answer out the question that I have asked here.
    Yes that’s what I exactly need I can see that already there are 2 suggestions that has come up I would like to give a try for both of them as well but the thing is that I am using windows system and I don’t know if the second suggestion that has been given will work with my system. so what do you all have to say about the same. waiting for the replies from you all on the same. suggest me a good app that will allow me to read the individual PDUs that travel to and also from my computer. So is that possible to do it? please share your views on this.

Have you checked with the Microsoft Network Monitor it does all the thing that you want enabling the capturing, analyzing and viewing the network protocols so that’s one product that you should have a check with. it is commonly used to troubleshoot small problems in the network and all. henc what I think is that it is an ideal product for you all that’s what I feel.

Ethereal is a good tool for you and hence what I would say that it does work in the windows only. Even iam using the same application and hence what I think is that it should be used by you as well.

There are many suggestions that’s coming in my mind which I would like to recommend you, yes now its upon you to decide if you want to go ahead with it or not.
    NetworkMiner
    PacketsDump
    Sax2
    tcpflow
    Ettercap
    Graphical HTTP Client
    So that’s the suggestion from my side for you all. anything else that you need to know then do let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot guys for the different sugegtsions that you all have given here, so thanks a ton for the same, appreciate the help that you have given here, so that’s what I want to say here.