Thread: How to access active directory user account even while staying offline?

How to access active directory user account even while staying offline?

I have a Mac system at home. I have set up my active directory user account. Now I want to use this account with the same password and user name when I am not connected to the active directory domain? I want to know that is this possible? If yes then tell me how I can do this? What if I get my laptop home? Doesn’t anybody have any idea regarding the issue? Please provide me some help. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to access active directory user account even while staying offline?

I would suggest you to make sure that it is cached. Tell me why do you want to set this up? I would say that it is better if you ask your IT department to do that for you. They are experts and they will do it properly for you. Ask them to do it properly. Yes it is possible and you can do it. Actually I have an employee who is not setup as well. If he is not connected to the office network then it has to time out before he can log in. it takes about 2 minutes.

It is possible to setup. I would say that when you create your active directory account, you must make sure that you check the box “create mobile account at login” this will make it possible for you to log on even if the active directory is not available to confirm the credentials. I would advice, go to the system preferences>> accounts>>login options>> network account server>>join button>>open directory utility>>select active directory and then you must try to edit show advanced option>>tick the box.

Well you didn’t mention the version of operating system but if you are having Mac OS X v10.6, then I would say that try to follow these steps.
    • From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences
    • From the View menu, choose Accounts
    • Click Login Options.
    • Click the Edit button by "Network Account Server".
    • Click the Open Directory Utility button to open Directory Utility (/System/Library/CoreServices/Directory Utility).
    • Click the lock in the lower left corner to authenticate.
    • Under the Services tab, double-click Active Directory to edit it.
    • Click the disclosure triangle next to "Show Advanced Options" to reveal its contents.
    • Under the Administrative tab, click the "Allow administration by" checkbox to enable it.
    • Click the plus button (+) to add new entries to the list.

Click the OK button to save the changes.

Well I would say that contact any computer expert and ask him to guide you out. The best thing you can do is you can search about this issue on the google. I would say that start googling on the internet and you will end with getting some solution. I hope this suggestion helps you. There are many links that you will get through google.