Thread: PCI Modem, can't get internet working

PCI Modem, can't get internet working

I'll try to make a long story short. I have one PCI modem and I use that modem in last two month for the connectivity purpose. I use it for connecting it with the laptop to the internet connection. Now problem is that it gives the troubles and hence I can’t able to access the internet connection onto it. I do not know what to do for avoiding such problem. Currently, there is Windows vista running on this laptop system which is connected to the PCI modem. Any think will be appreciated.

Re: PCI Modem, can't get internet working

Be sure to cable is seated on both ends and if that doesn’t work then you need to reestablish the connection. When troubleshooting complete lack of connectivity, it's best to proceed in a systematic way. In this connectivity process, you need to make sure that all the connection between your laptop and the modem are well connected. Also check that the cable is properly connected to the ISP router. This will be helps to you for establishing and if any problem then fix it properly manner.

I have check the cable between the modem and the laptop and must sure that there is no cut point present on it. I am sure that this is not the problem because of the cutting cable.

But can you check that the cable between the modem and the ISP’s router. You can check this in the short time by viewing the LED light on the modem. Every modem has shown five LED light. In that one is shows the power cable connection and one is showing the PC connection. If the PC connection LED is not glow then yes, the cable between the modem and the router has been broken in somewhere. You need to check this all the cable connections. Try this and if it is problematic then try to fix this trouble.

You can also check that the modem has in well situation or not. For doing this task you need to restart the modem of the system. This process has to be rebooting the PCI modem. Then you can see that the problem with this system has not been gives any problem with it.

A PCI modem card is one which inserts into a PCI-bus slot on the motherboard of a PC. Hence I must say that you need to check that the card is inserted in well position. This is the solution for the internal PCI modem. You need to check the PCI slot onto it. If there is some problem onto it then you can reinsert this PCI card and then check that the problem is present on this system or not. If this system can’t gives any problem then there is no need to do any extra activity onto it.

Make sure that you have the latest drivers and try using AT commands if you haven't already. Sometimes the driver has generated this problem.

See PCI Bus Support Underway. If no special support for your PCI hardware modem is in the windows vista then I recommended to you by update the driver of this hardware for the respective site. This is the way that works for solving your complicated trouble. For more information check the driver manager window of the windows vista. This window show you that the installed driver and their respective hardware.

It could also possible that problem arrives because of the different reason rather than cable connection or driver installation. I mean this internet accessing problem could be arrives because of the wrong IP internal setting of the modem. You need to follow the below mentioned process:
    • First open Control Panel->Network Connections
    • Then check the network Properties by opening the property window.
    • In that you can see the General tab. hit that and opens the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
    • Next is to be properly set an IP address and DNS server address. You can also set these options manually. If the 100% network connected icon appear then check internet surfing by opening Internet Explorer web browser.

This process has help to you a lot for solving your problem.

Still if you have not able to fix this problem then I must say that you can use the help of the ISP that is Internet Service Provider. The ISP expert helps you a lot for solving this problem. Also take help of the PCI modem manual for more information.