Thread: How to Upgrade Home and Office Network to new Gigabit?

How to Upgrade Home and Office Network to new Gigabit?

Hello friends, I want to upgrade the networks to the newer Gigabit. I think that I need to do the following:
    1. Install Gigabit network cards in the PCI slots
    2. Replace all network switches to Gigabit.
    3. Replace the internet router with Gigabit
    And I read someplace that the cables themselves, even if they are CAT 5 are ok to keep, so what should I do, should I do the above thing to get the Home and Office Network to new Gigabit, so please suggest me what to do and also what is the method to do. Thank you.

Re: How to Upgrade Home and Office Network to new Gigabit?

You can search on the internet and get some of the solution or the method to do it over there and also you might get the information to get the cable to use for the connection of the cables to network of your home and office.

Well I want to say that yes you can upgrade all switches to new gigabit. And also the cable, Cat 5E is good, but it needs to transfer large files like movies or something related to that, so I would suggest you to go for the cat 6 cables. As the Cat6 can hold advanced loads as compare to the Cat 5E cable. Well it is in both on the gigabit, but Cat 6 cable can handle the large transfers better than the Cat 5E cable. So you can take my suggestion and get it done for you. Hope the suggestion might help you and also you will be able to get it done.

I also suggest that you go for the CAT 6 as the above user have told you the proper and also the best suggestion to do it for the network connections. Hope it will work for you.

Well my friend in my view the cable Cat5 is been rated for up to 100 Mbps, while the CAT 5E is 1000 MPBS max. And if you want a good performance in your home or office network then you need get the CAT 5E. Most likely, though, if the cable was recently purchased or installed, you can use CAT 5E and it will work and also you will be to transfer the file. So I hope you should get it and installed on the both the system of the office and also at home and start working on it.

I think you should get the Cat 6 cable, has it has more power to control and also it will be the best to handle as you compare with the Cat 5E cable, so I would suggest you to go for the Cat 6 cable, if you have cash problem then you can go for the Cat 5E cables.