Thread: What is FTP?

What is FTP?

Hello friends, I want to ask something to ask, I have seen FTP word most of the time and I was not able to get it what it is. I have founded on the computer that is there any file or any section in the computer which it might be related to it. So I want you to help me on it and please tell me that what is the FTP and also where it is been used. Thank you.

Re: What is FTP?

Well my friend, FTP stand for the File Transfer Protocol, as it is the internet based thing, so you will be not find in the computer.

It is the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and it is a standard network protocol which is been used to transfer files from one host (computer) to another host (computer) over a TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) -based network, such as the Internet. Well the FTP is been built on a client-server design and it is been utilizes as a separate control and the data connections between the client and server. Well the FTP users may confirm themselves using a clear-text sign-in protocol but can connect namelessly if the server is configured to allow doing it. This is what FTP.

The above user has given you the correct and also the perfect definition of the FTP and also you might be able to understand the usage of the FTP. So might understand what is FTP.

I want to ad little more information on it that the FTP operate on the application layer of the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) model, and used to transfer files using TCP/IP. In order to do it a FTP server needed to be run and wait for incoming requests. The client computer is then able to converse with the server on port 21. This connection know as control connection, and it remains open for the duration of the session, with a second connection, called the data connection is been done, and the either opened by the server from its port 20 to a negotiate the client port or opened by the client from an random port to a negotiate server port as required to transfer data. The control connection is used for session management exchange between the client and server using a telnet-like protocol. By this you might understand what is FTP.

I think I do not need to tell more as the File Transfer Protocol is been better explained and also understand by the above users, so you better understand that.

You might have understood what the meaning of the FTP is and also you might have understood what the use of the FTP. If you want to know more about the file transfer protocol then I would suggest you to go to internet and over there you will be able to get more information about it. Even you will be able to get some of the video which will be able to show how the FTP works and also you will be able to get some of the better solution and proper answer to understand. If you want to search anything which is related to the computer then you can go the internet and go the Google and then type what is the doubt you are having then you might be able to get the answer of the question you are having the problem to find it.

FTP is the acronym of File Transfer Protocol it is the protocol when you are exchanging files in the internet. It is commonly use to download and upload a file from a server and vice versa.