Thread: Need help to setup extender on Netgear WN3000RP

Need help to setup extender on Netgear WN3000RP

I have recently setup my Netgear Wifi Extender WN3000RP and my computer is able to find it. But the problem is with the security key which doesnt work. It will work fine with all other wireless device but not with the netgear wifi extender. Everything is turned on and off again. I have also put the password with correct details many times but all is working apart from the passkey? Can anyone tell me how do I get it to work? Thanks

Re: Need help to setup extender on Netgear WN3000RP

Can you tell us which device it is which is not working? Is the Wifi extender not accepting the password of the main-wifi network and hence it is unable to connect to the master access point or your laptop cannot connect with the Netgear range extender? With the range extender, you need to always ensure that the settings of both the master and slave AP are similar.

Did you try to attempt to login into the extender and manually changing the SSID? You need to ensure that they are on different channels, like 1 and 6, 1 and 11 or 6 or 11. You wont be able to change the channel because there is only one radio onboard so what ever channel it is listening to from the router side, its the same channel it has to be on when it transmit signal acting as extender.

I have a Linksys WRTU54G-TM router (T-Mobile Hot Spot) and am trying to use a Linksys Extender and get the signal dropped alot.

Is there another extender that would work?
    Rob

I have a Linksys WRTU54G-TM router (T-Mobile Hot Spot) and am trying to use a Linksys Extender and get the signal dropped alot.

Is there another extender that would work?
    Rob
    Which extender you are using??? If you want then you can try out the Linksys WRE54G Wireless Range Expander it is capable of spreading signal as a WLAN can spread, just check it out and see if you like it.

Using the Linksys RE 1000 N and found out the G router has a different signal.

I am using the T-Mobile HotSpot Linksys for land line calls and only pay $10/month for that so would rather keep that router. If there is a G extender that would be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatricef View Post
    Which extender you are using??? If you want then you can try out the Linksys WRE54G Wireless Range Expander it is capable of spreading signal as a WLAN can spread, just check it out and see if you like it.

Saw reviews for the WRE54G and they wern't good. Maybe I should get an N riuter.