Thread: Is my Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Adapter is dead?

Is my Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Adapter is dead?

Hey hi all, I am using the Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Adapter from the last few months and was having no problem with this. I am using windows 7 64-bit operating system in my computer. I had gone out for the one month and when I came back then I found that I have no wireless connection in my computer. For that reason I go to check the network connection and while checking I found over there that even my wireless adapter doesn’t show over there, only LAN card is present over that list. After that I check on the device manager and under the network drivers I found the wireless adapter but having the exclamation next to it. For this reason I check the properties and after checking the properties over there I found message that:
    Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35).
    So for resolving this problem I do as they directed me. According to them I flash my BIOS to the latest version for resolving the problem. And after the update I check the device manager I found the same error message over there still. So please can anyone having the same problem in their case? If yes then please report me back over there and also if someone having the suggestion in this case then please suggest me over here.

Re: Is my Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Adapter is dead?

In this case I will suggest you for installing the PCI adapter in the other computer and see what happens over there. According to your problem I think that it looks like your card is died, because you are saying that other PCI peripherals are working fine in your computer. To make sure that your card is ok or it dies, try to use this card in other computer and see that it is working on that computer or not. If you see the same error message in the other computer also then it is sure that your card had died. If so then you will need to replace that card and buy the other card instead of that.

Sorry, unfortunately I don’t have access to another computer, I am having only one computer at my home and in that computer my card is not working. And also I would like to say that other PCI peripherals are working properly. And if it works on that computer then is there is problem with my computer only?

I think that in your case the drivers are not working properly or it might happen that drivers for this card are not installed properly. For that reason you will need to insert the Setup disk to your computer. After that you will prompted for the driver installation, but do not proceed. Exit the setup and go to the device manager> Update Drivers Software> Browse my Computer for Drivers> click next> CR-Drive and select the Drivers folder> and then click on the Update. This will start coping the file to your system. After the files are copied then you can try for the connecting your computer to the wireless network. Tell me back that what happens after this update of the driver. Hope that it will help to enable the wireless card for your system.

Hey hi, I am also having the exact same problem. For resolving this problem I had downloaded the new drivers from the linksys homepage, and after the installation I am suffering from the same problem. Any other suggestion in this case? I had also tried with the latest driver installation for my wireless card and this suggestion is also not working in my case. Thank you.

Here I would like to suggest you about considering the computer operating system and also about the computer memory. These are the two facts which can also case your card to not work properly. I mean to say that first check the operating system which you are using is 32-bit or 64-bit? And also see the computer memory that it is supported by your card or not. And also here you will also need to check for the system compatibility. Try to check on the net that your card is compatible with which operating system and also it supports how much amount of the computer memory? Hope that this check can help you to working your card again.

Hi, I am using windows 7 32-bit operating system with the 3GB of DDR3 memory. My computer was working fine before I put this card to my system and also still except card all things are working fine. For resolving the problem, I ran the CD which came with the card but it was also of no use for my problem. Also for this I tried with downloading the drivers form the linksys webpage and also tried with the OEM driver which fits for the RT2860 chipset on the WMP600n, but after trying with these all the same error message comes as before. Any other suggestion in this case. I would also like to know that is there is any fault with the card or card had died? Can I check the same card by using in the other computer having the same configuration of the hardware?

According to your suggestion, I recently flash my Asus P6T Deluxe after finding that there is new version available on the internet. But I am having doubt on that after reading the notes states that it only improves support for some new keyboards and larger HDD size. Is this will help in my problem or it will only do as suggested in the notes? Hey please suggest me clearly about this thing.

For that I also check my wireless adapter driver version and it is v3.0.2, and after searching that I think this is the latest version available in the market. And also for making sure about this I checked on the linksys driver download webpage and yes this is true. For resolving the problem I had also tried with the uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter but no luck for me. Also I had checked my PCI slot in the hope that there will be some problem in the slot and after correcting that my card will again start working fine. But this was also of no use for me. And also here I would like to say that I am able to use my old wireless adapter with the same computer. So here I think that fault is with my card only. So now I had decided to replace the card and for that I will take a new card for my computer.

Hey all, thanks a lot for the suggestions, after trying with all suggestion present over there, now I am sure that my Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Adapter is not working properly because it was dead. So I need here to buy the new card for. And hope that it will work properly in my case. But thanks for suggesting me the reasons.