Thread: Linksys WRT400n configuration for an access point

Linksys WRT400n configuration for an access point

I have a brand new WRT400n that works well as a router. I am all in all pleased with it. I could get a kick out of any chance to design it as a right to gain entrance indicates on my LAN; comparative to the method my WAP55AG works. My examination on the Internet shows that I need to debilitate DHCP on the router as well as utilization the LAN ports to associate it to my network. I am fit to turn off DHCP, but allocating it a static IP address is testing. I am able to set the IP address, but I am unable to set the subnet cover to 255.255.254.0 as I am just getting a set of SM in a drop down record which are all 255.255.255.x. Has any individual designed their WRT400n as a right to gain entrance indicate take a shot at their LAN?

Re: Linksys WRT400n configuration for an access point

You cannot utilize WRT400N as a right to gain entrance indicates with linksys firmware on it. You might attempt upgrading your router with DD-WRT firmware which has the headliner to be work similar to a right to gain entrance indicates.

Here is an update, Several Internet pursuits demonstrated that to construct a router work similar to a right to gain entrance indicate, the emulating should be finished:
    • -Incapacitate DHCP server on router
    • -Connect to LAN utilizing one of the ethernet (switch) ports on the router-NOT
    the Internet port.
    To do this the subnet cover on the router need to be arranged to match that issued by the existing DHCP server on the LAN. I spent some time on a talk uphold session with blatantly accommodating Tech Support faculty (credit to Linksys for fantastic Tech Support) who showed that it cannot be finished with the subnet cover that I am utilizing-255.255.254.0. The subnet veil of the WRT400n is hardcoded to some 255.255.255.x alternatives.

Your network stops working, the reason is that you utilize a crossover link from the lan port of the wrt400n to your lan. Utilize a straight through link, as a substitute not a crossover link.

1. You would like to set any IP address on the online world port provided that you utilize the WRT as access indicate. Leave the online world reciprocity mode on "Automatic/DHCP". Setting any static IP address might create various situations.
    2. The LAN IP subnet cover unfailingly has impact on the "conduct of the mechanism". Obviously, the just significant thing is access to the net interface then resulting from the fact that everything alternate roles (switching and wireless) take on ethernet MAC address. The LAN IP and subnet cover need to match the associated LAN to have the network interface effortlessly receptive.
    3. The WRT is a shopper apparatus and not planned to be utilized in hefty LANs, or anyhow to have impressive results of activity and gadgets run through it. When utilized as effortless access indicates it might as well have the ability to handle a sensible measure of wireless customers.

Since you hold several of WRT400n mechanisms on your network that you need to utilize as APs, you have preferred set the router's LAN IP address for each and every of them to a unexpected value.

I did so successfully, interfacing through an ethernet link which runs down to the Verizon router in our cellar. The Verizon router pulled in my Internet and link TV signals but was in an oppressed area in a corner of the basement. The WRT400N was connected into an ethernet port to my kitchen and fixed our essential wireless lattice truly well.