Thread: Getting “error not message receiver” with Linksys WRT54G v4

Getting “error not message receiver” with Linksys WRT54G v4

I have a desktop PC in my investigation, and I'd get a kick out of any chance to have wireless web for my laptop and telephone. I ran the startup 'basic channel consultant' CD that joined this router and gets to stride 8 when a warning heads up which states: lapse not inform collector!! ALL of my links are in the ideal put. Ethernet link is in the eternet port, the alternate cable is joined to the PC and one of the ports on the router, and the capacity is ON. Then I've attempted doing the entire 192.168.1.1 set up with no fortunes. The name of the router will constantly update back to the first, as will the passcode.

Re: Getting “error not message receiver” with Linksys WRT54G v4

Press and keep the reset button in again for 30 seconds and release. Hold up 10 seconds and capacity cycle the router. Now join via wired PC to 192.168.1.1 and arrange your router such as ordinary.

Every time I attempt to design with the 192.168.1.1; nothing ever recoveries (even following I hit recovery updates). I'll update the name of the linksys router to better name, hit recovery, and afterward I'll update the secret key. When I do a reversal to the name, it ALWAYS updates.

I hold an ethernet link heading off from modem to my desktop PC. When I catch the router, I take that ethernet close on the PC and put it in the linksys. I take the linksys line and join it to #1 port, and the alternate close to the PC. I head over to 192.168.1.1 and round out every last trace of the info. I update the SSID 'hit recovery.' I update the secret key, hit recovery. Then when I about-face and look, the SSID adapted to a different name.

Following upgrading the firmware reset the Router and capacity cycle the entire network… Then take after the steps to design the Router consistent with Charter reciprocity
    • # connects the Modem to the Internet port of the Router and afterward associates the Computer to any of the Ethernet Port of the Router
    • # then open up the browser and on the Address Bar sort 192.168.1.1. That will open up the Router setup page.
    • # On the Setup tab, click the MAC Address Clone sub-tab...
    • # Select Enabled then click Clone My PC's MAC.
    • # Click recovery Settings
    • # Go to wireless Tab-Change the wireless Network Name SSID and Channel to 6, 9 and 11. Then Click Save Settings.
    • # Then click on Wireless Security sub-tab and select the security as your necessity. Then Click Save Settings.
    • # when doing these settings capacity cycle.

I downloaded the FW_WRT54G_4.21.4.000_20110712FW. I did the entire 192.168.1.1 to update it under 'Administrator'. Update Failed was the consequence. At the same time at this time that doesn't matter since I could not get onto the 192.168.1.1 online element anymore.

All items is to be finished with a PC, from port 1 (or 2, or 3, or 4) on the router to your PC. Have nothing else joined. Hard reset the router again and attempt to run over to 192.168.1.1. In the event that when a few endeavors you still cannot get to the admin pages, your router might be defective. In any case attempt every last trace of the above again first.

I've attempted everything possible. I hold the Ethernet link connected to the modem and the router. I possess the router link associated to port 1 and the PC. When I turn on the PC, my small computer/network symbol demonstrates 'distinguishing lattice'. I stack up IE and FF, sort in 192.168.1.1 and the Linksys page doesn't stack.

The capacity light flashes constantly which I think it indicates the FW is corrupted. I attempted the tftp.exe and attempted to fix firmware but got "cannot join to server".

I would be able to enter the online setup pages but 'recovery settings never recoveries anything. Every time I round out data and click recoveries settings, I actually get a white box over a dark screen; and it unequivocally sits there forever.

I would be able to join to the connect utility, but under status it indicates:
    DHCP Configuration
    • IP address: 0.0.0.0
    • Subnet mask: 0.0.0.0
    • Default gateway: 0.0.0.0