Thread: Opening NAT on a Linksys WRT160Nv2 Xbox Live Strict Nat

Opening NAT on a Linksys WRT160Nv2 Xbox Live Strict Nat

I have a WRT160Nv2 and I am attempting to get my nat to end up being un-strict for xbox exist. I have attempted port sending that has not worked. Nothing has worked for me and without fail I disturb something it spoils the web so I need to set it like a pro to the past defaults. I know how to enter my router I unequivocally need to realize what to empower, Disable, or put in the router. Any assistance could be stupendous. Much obliged to such an extent.

Re: Opening NAT on a Linksys WRT160Nv2 Xbox Live Strict Nat

Moreover I have attempted the MTU at 1354 and disabling the unup. That didn’t work and come what may I update settings it backs the online world off for everybody t nothing primarily. It would be ideal if you serve some useful purpose!

Uncheck all alternatives under Port Triggering and attempt Port Range sending
    Port Range Forwarding -
    • Application: xbox
    • Start Port: 53
    • End Port: 3074
    • Protocol: Both
    • IP Address: 192.168.1.20.
    • Check the Enable box and Save the Settings.

Under the Security tab, leave the Block Anonymous Requests unchecked and update the MTU to 1452 under the setup tab. Click on the Status tab and take note of DNS1 and DNS2 Addresses. Head off to the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and allocate the emulating on your Xbox: P Address:-192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask:-255.255.255.0, Default Gateway:-192.168.1.1.

Moreover appoint the DNS Addresses on the Xbox

Utilize DNS1 and DNS2 Addresses you took note off of the router status tab as Primary DNS & Secondary DNS for the xbox.

Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox

Plug the modem capacity in the first place, hold up for a different moment and fitting the router capacity link, hold up an additional moment and turn on the Xbox and test it.

I hold the same situation on the same router; in any case those steps make a point not to update anything. Is there anything else I would be able to do?

I've been tackling this XBox 360 issue for a considerable length of time and hours. Whenever I accompanied the precise guidelines on the above post, the situation was fathomed!

I have port sending setup as accompanies (2 lines for every IP)
    Application Name: XBox Live
    • Start Port: 88
    • End Port: 88
    • Protocol: UDP

To IP Address: [add your XBOX IP address here-you might need to double this line for each and every XBOX-cheerfully you have arranged a static IP address for your XBOX, or you have set a DHCP reservation to programmedly allocate the IP address to the XBOX without a doubt it starts]
    • Start Port: 3074

To IP Address: [add your XBOX IP address here - see above]

I accept that I have a quite complex situation that I could prize assist with. Standard port sending should not work for me, I have truly attempted every last item Linksys Live Support has flung at me. I think that my situation untruths in my Router IP Address being "10.10.10.1". Now each Router help page I have ever taken a gander at has had it at 192.168.1.1. I could treasure encourages as to taking some steps, if vital to settle my IP Address and Allow XBOX users to interface to my router. As of this moment my NAT sort is ALWAYS "Strict". I possess the port run 53-3074 sent. I apologize provided that I try not to bode well at the same time as this, but provided that you would be able to react once again with a fix that could be excellently relished.

Remove Xbox from DMZ if on one

Remove any port sending to the Xbox

Turn on UPNP

I am running DD-wrt but on the stock firmware it might as well be under NAT/QOS segment I suspect. In the event that it logs you need to see the xbox make to ports practically in a split second.

Additionally assuming that you are a DSL client make sure to exceptionally if that you modem is "connected" call you ISP. Verify you tell them you desire to extension your modem to your router.

Drop in the router setup. Then run over to Administration and verify UnPN is empowered. Don't send any ports. There is no requiring doing anything else. Well, you would like to run over to applications and gaming QOS and drop in the mac address of your Xbox and set your necessity to elevate.

I actually upgraded the firmware to v1.0.06 about several days in the past and had no issues. The previous evening I might not join to xBox exist unless I joined straight to my modem (DSL 10MBS). I made the DMZ and did the port sending and I am still just getting strict.

Quote Originally Posted by BiGMaCHiNe View Post
    Uncheck all alternatives under Port Triggering and attempt Port Range sending
    Port Range Forwarding -
    • Application: xbox
    • Start Port: 53
    • IP Address: 192.168.1.20.
    • Check the Enable box and Save the Settings.
    On your IP field... isn't that IP address specific to your router and internet connection? Or is that specific to xbox itself?