Thread: Windows XP Professional compatibility for WUSB54GC

Windows XP Professional compatibility for WUSB54GC

I bought the WUSB54GC wireless adapter. My computer is running the Windows XP Professional in it. When I load the disk and click on "Start Setup" then it popup one small window that says "This version of Windows in not supported." Is there anyone who knows that if there is some way to get this resolved? Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying this.

Re: Windows XP Professional compatibility for WUSB54GC

To fix this problem you will have to install the Drivers for that. To do that, first of all you must take out the Linksys Adapter and for installing the driver, just insert the Linksys Setup CD in the CD-ROM drive. When that shows you the Welcome screen then click on exit and then connect the USB adapter. It will now show you the Update Wizard window. Just click on the Install and that will install the software automatically. I hope that you will find that helpful. If you face any problem with this then please reply back. I am regular on this forum to help. Thank you!!!

I am agree with the above post but before doing this I want to warn you something about this that while doing that you might get the Hardware Installation screen which will show that Adapter has not passed Windows Logo testing. So at that you will have to ignore that window and simply click on the Continue Anyway and that will proceed with the installation. Once the installation is finished then click on finish button and you are done with that.

The best option for you is to call the Linksys Tech Support and ask them for this. They will guide you properly for this.

Just click on the Start and open the control panel from there. Double click the Network Connections. Just right click on the Wireless Network Connection and choose View Available Wireless Networks. Check whether your wireless network is within that list. Single click on that and it will highlight that. Click the 'Connect' button which will be there at the bottom and that might ask you for the network key. Provide the same and then click on Connect. It must work now.

You can try by uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter software. I am not vey certain that this will resolve the issue but still there are some chances that it might get you out of the issue. So if none of the solutions helps you then this is worth to try it once.