Thread: Computer unable to see extender network- Netgear WN3000RP extender

Computer unable to see extender network- Netgear WN3000RP extender

After creation a WPS configuration, my iMac 10.6.7 unable to observe all the networks' _EXT "at the end of the name. Namely my imac cannot observe a network called NETGEAR_EXT, nor can observe CURRENT_NETWORK_NAME_EXT.

My iMac is about 25-30 meters of the extender in a straight line line from the site. My imac still noticeable CURRENT_NETWORK_NAME. I cannot observe the new-fangled network after setting up the extender. The extender has three green lights on it after making a WPS configuration.

Re: Computer unable to see extender network- Netgear WN3000RP extender

WPS will not work through the iMac. You have to make use of the standard encryption in place.

The addresses have a section titled "Manually connect without WPS", but the instructions say to use my computer to connect to the wireless network NETGEAR_EXT, but as I said you cannot see airport network called NETGEAR_EXT. Neither I can connect to the address mentioned in MyWiFi extender.

I'm using a dual-band router and had control WNDR4000 wireless access enabled on the router and extender. No go. Another user suggested I turn on the router WAC and everything worked fine.

I'm using WPA2-PSK and it works very well.

What is meant by "encryption standard? Today, I would say WPA2-PSK (AES) is the standard. But you are using WinXP and / or oldest piece of hardware; you may need to use WEP.

The addresses have a section titled "Manually connect without WPS", but the instructions say to use my computer to connect to the wireless network NETGEAR_EXT, but as I said you cannot see airport network called NETGEAR_EXT. Neither I can connect to the address mentioned in MyWiFi extender.
    Edit/Delete Message
    I used a Mac and had to resort to using an Ethernet cable between the Extender and the MacBook Pro Forget the WPS, which is irrelevant here. Come in and set it up, and then press END when you get to and for you to make a more advanced configuration. I can set a tab in the browser so I could flick between my router <192.169.1.1> and the extenders try various settings.

What is meant by "encryption standard? Today, I would say WPA2-PSK (AES) is the standard. But you are using WinXP and / or oldest piece of hardware; you may need to use WEP. WPA, WPA2, WEP is the encryption WPS setup user has a problem with Mac

I did following things.
    1. Ethernet cable plug to extend and connect the other end into the computer.
    2. I could not see any _EXT network, so mywifiext
    3. go to configuration page
    4. At some point, I put in my WEP password on my network, and then click the "Generate" button next to that text box. At that time, I had no idea what he was doing.
    5. Some radio buttons below the text box looked something like this:
      Key 1: X6758SDB
      Key 2: GH134898
    6. I decide something he said to remain the password the similar as the password on my network.
    7. Then the commands said to use my computer to connect wirelessly to the network _EXT, who was now one of the available networks, then go back and click a check box, which I did.
    8. And enter my username and password. I had no idea what my name should be or what the password to use. I tried combinations of my old network name and WEP password, the new network name (the one with _EXT) and was verified Key1. Nothing worked, so I clicked Cancel.
    9. After unplugging the Ethernet cable from both the extender and my imac. EXT I could see the network but could not connect to it. When he was chosen from a dropdown list, my team was looking for.
    10. connected the Ethernet cable into the extender and my iMac, for doing configuration.

I entered my WEP password for the existing network into a configuration page. That page has a 'generic' off the box for the password, and I'm still not known what it is. However, on the next page, there is a box is checked, and says:

Use the same security and password as the existing networks.If disabled, then appear the options for security measures. I chose:
    WPA2-PSK [AES]
    And in the text box the phrase 'Pass' below that, my WEP password was filled in. So click Continue.

Then again, I reached a page that says to connect wirelessly to the expander, and after doing so, click a check box. I used my Imac airport dialog box to choose the network _EXT, and seem to connect well. Then I clicked the Continue button just checked, and told me that my layout was complete.

I unhooked the Ethernet cable extender and my iMac, but my browser could not open any web page. The network shows the total number of bars (indicating a good sign), but could not open any web page. I tried to close Safari and raising a new window, but that did not work. I also tried to change my old network, which allowed me to open web pages again, and then switch back to the network _EXT, but again could not open any web page.

You must change the encryption from WEP to WPA2 on the primary router FIRST

Enter the main wireless router! Read the main router's manual.