Thread: Netgear WNDAP350 2.4GHZ fails after 2-3 seconds

Netgear WNDAP350 2.4GHZ fails after 2-3 seconds

As the subject, which just bought a WNDAP350 series access points? The wireless functions perfectly in the band of 5 GHz, 2.4 GHz, but still leaving. I'm trying to borrow a laptop with a different chipset to see, but so far the Intel 5300 WiFi and iPhone 3G so cannot maintain a connection. Stumbler using on the laptop shows a complete drop to zero of the signal just about every 2-3 seconds. I tried with all encryption disabled too, which has made no difference.

Re: Netgear WNDAP350 2.4GHZ fails after 2-3 seconds

Try turning off all advanced settings in WMM 802.11b/g/n network. observe what's exaggerated.

I am experiencing a similar trouble with an Intel (4965AGN) and WNDAP350. Among many other tests, I disabled WMM to see if that helps. That only led to another problem .adios both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, the maximum connection speed of 802.11n .when WMM is off only 54 mbps.

Wow, I was floored that this product seems to have comparable troubles to the piece of garbage WNDAP330. I cannot consider it does not work with this product drop the subsequent generation. I cannot believe that a firmware fix has not yet been released for these pieces of garbage that would fix it.

Do not say the contact Netgear support! Not good for nothing!

When called Netgear who claim to have no idea what they are talking and the people answering the phone does not seem to have ability to talk to the Netgear engineering department to really solve the abandonment through firmware update. I think your help desk is outsourced to a different company and it would take an act of God for the two companies to communicate effectively about the errors.

The trick is to set "WMM Power Save for Disabled Guests, but leave 'Enable Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) set to Enabled. This combination stops the abandonment of the event, but leaves the connection of 300 Mbps total allowed.

Do not say the contact Netgear support! Not good for nothing!
    I do not agree with that. I have problems with WNDAP350 WNAP210 and, yes, but after an extensive e-mail (and phone) contact technical support (who did the right questions), which have now twisted a new-fangled firmware (WNAP210), which solves a of my troubles. Perfect support!

The trick is to set "WMM Power Save for Disabled Guests, but leave 'Enable Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) set to Enabled. This combination stops the abandonment of the event, but leaves the connection of 300 Mbps total allowed.
    I tried this solution and it worked well in WNDap350 4our Access Points.

There is a new firmware version 2.0.9 that fixes this problem. Netgear> Support> enter your model number and observe most recent firmware version is displayed at the top of the page

We are having ongoing problems with the WNDAP350. The 5GHz band is going deaf at random intervals and not recovered. All network devices must be manually reconnected to the WNDAP350 to keep running. When the AP is deaf, not even WNDAP350 can be accessed through wireless. Use stiff wire to connect at the same time enables deaf people to access the monitoring functions that do not show anything suspicious. We have lowered the older Netgear AP and check all the network functions properly. No sign of other competitors from other AP.

Netgear support has had to try three versions of firmware (including a beta version), most recent firmware version is 2.0.27 and dependability troubles persevere and we had to attempt different channel settings. No resolution yet establishes the August 31; 2011.Any input on this subject would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by teenQ View Post

Netgear support has had to try three versions of firmware (including a beta version), most recent firmware version is 2.0.27 and dependability troubles persevere and we had to attempt different channel settings. No resolution yet establishes the August 31; 2011.Any input on this subject would be appreciated.
    I say you need to goLevel 3 for more troubles with the unit