Thread: Does Netgear FVS338 support Windows 7 native VPN Client?

Does Netgear FVS338 support Windows 7 native VPN Client?

So any ideas guys does it support windows 7 native vpn client. Since I have done some amount of research in it and I did not find any kind of result with it, that’s what I am saying here. I am really confused if it is going to be supported or not? That’s the reason why I am asking this question with you all. I hope that I will get a reply to this as soon as possible that is what I am expecting here. so do reply to this guys as soon as possible. Waiting for the reply from you all.

Re: Does Netgear FVS338 support Windows 7 native VPN Client?

Quote Originally Posted by KSHaUNiSHa View Post
    So any ideas guys does it support windows 7 native vpn client. Since I have done some amount of research in it and I did not find any kind of result with it, that’s what I am saying here. I am really confused if it is going to be supported or not? That’s the reason why I am asking this question with you all. I hope that I will get a reply to this as soon as possible that is what I am expecting here. so do reply to this guys as soon as possible. Waiting for the reply from you all.
    If we check the Microsoft technet website then it is given that it is well supported with it, that’s what I ma saying here. so hope you have got the information on the same, that’s what I want to say here. it is very well supported so you can go ahead with the connection, that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Visala28 View Post
    If we check the Microsoft technet website then it is given that it is well supported with it, that’s what I ma saying here. so hope you have got the information on the same, that’s what I want to say here. it is very well supported so you can go ahead with the connection, that’s it from my side for you.
    Well my statement will contradict with yours. Since it is not supported and also all the vpn client versions which has come up after that will surely be supported by the vpn client. So that’s what I want to say here hope you are understanding what I am trying to say here.

No I suppose you must check the official website of the netgear to get the official confirmation whether it is supported or not. Since the questions is about the vpn client software from netgear and not about the Microsoft so it is better tyou have a talk with them about the same and derive the official conformation from them about the same. so hope you are understanding what I am trying to say here. just have a chat with the netgear people about the same and they will respond to you soon in a quick manner and that’s what I think would be a ideal thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wguy2008 View Post
    No I suppose you must check the official website of the netgear to get the official confirmation whether it is supported or not. Since the questions is about the vpn client software from netgear and not about the Microsoft so it is better tyou have a talk with them about the same and derive the official conformation from them about the same. so hope you are understanding what I am trying to say here. just have a chat with the netgear people about the same and they will respond to you soon in a quick manner and that’s what I think would be a ideal thing to do.
    Well netgear people are saying that it is not supported I have checked their official site of the website and there it has specified clearly that it is not supported. So that’s why I am giving you the official confirmation about the news. So that’s the news I am giving to you all. hope you have understood what I have explained here.

In one hand Microsoft people are saying that it is supported while in the other hand netgera people are saying that it is not supported. I am totoally confused whom should I believe here.

Has some new version of vpn client come up such that Microsoft people are saying that it is supported with the windows 7. As far as my knowledge is concerned it was not supported at all, that’s what I am saying here. may be a new upgraded version has come up for the Netgear FVS338. So that’s why Microsoft people are saying that it is supported with windows 7. So it can be a possibility so hope you are understanding what I am trying to say here, so hope that’s enough for you. that’s it from my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullalagi View Post
    Has some new version of vpn client come up such that Microsoft people are saying that it is supported with the windows 7. As far as my knowledge is concerned it was not supported at all, that’s what I am saying here. may be a new upgraded version has come up for the Netgear FVS338. So that’s why Microsoft people are saying that it is supported with windows 7. So it can be a possibility so hope you are understanding what I am trying to say here, so hope that’s enough for you. that’s it from my side.
    No that’s not correct it is not supported no such versions have released and stop spreading some unuseful information about the same, that is totally incorrect. That’s what I want to say here.

Ok thanks a lot for the information that you have given here, appreciate the help that you have given here, so thanks a ton for the same. nice to hear that it is not supported in windows 7 otherwise I would have gone ahead and done a big mistake which I would have regretted and anyways thanks for notifying me about the same.