Thread: Ipod touch with Linksys E3000 DHCP reservation

Ipod touch with Linksys E3000 DHCP reservation

I am having the Linksys E3000 which has the Firmware Version: 1.0.04. While I add some of the devices like mu iPod touch then I failed to contact to the Internet. I am able to connect to wireless network devoid of any problems but just no internet. If I take out the device as of the DHCP reservation table then they functions flawlessly. I have had this difficulty through every firmware versions. I have sometimes faced the same problem with the laptop as well which is having 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies. If I takeout the device from the DHCP reservation table and then add that again then it works for some time but after that it stops. Is there someone else with the same problem or have some workaround for this? Please help me.

Re: Ipod touch with Linksys E3000 DHCP reservation

Please clarify some of the things that how are you using the DHCP reservation? If you are making use of the IP address or the MAC address? Are you getting this problem just when you place the Ipod under DHCP Reservation?

I tried with both Mac as well as IP but cannot make it any of the ways. This only occurs when I enter in the DHCP reservation but I require the static IP to be used with certain apps.

I have one workaround for this problem. You will have to go to the advanced setting of the router and then go to the dhcp reservation and check if your ipod is getting a LAN signal in place of a wireless one. Like when I attach my epic 4g to dhcp reservation table then it connects with the wireless and a week to few months afterward I got the similar indication and sure enough the signal changed as of wireless to a LAN signal. Now here is the solution for this. You will have to go the dhcp reservation table and remove your ipod and then save all your settings and refresh that page. Now disregard the network on your ipod and go back to the dhcp reservation table and add your ipod again. Once you are reconnected then save the settings and refresh that page. You will get the popup from your ipod for receiving correct signal now. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

After reading your post, I came to conclusion that you will have to upgrade the firmware for the router you are using. To do that, just download the firmware as of the Linksys router and after that reset the router and configure the whole setting again from the scratch.

The Linksys E3000 doubles the bandwidth to stream high-definition video, file transfers and gaming applications with optimized speed and fluidity. Connect to the Internet and other computer devices, Wireless-N speeds on both bands 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless bands simultaneously to avoid interference on the network. Use the 2.4 GHz band for browsing and e-mail and the less crowded 5 GHz band for high-performance.

This router will allow you to play or download the most of your internet connection if you are connected with a wire. Transfers between clients are extremely fast so each client is equipped with a Gigabit Ethernet port type. For wireless it is good enough for all your needs. It covers a very large area. Ideal if you need coverage on your property in addition to your home. The software supplied with the router is super easy to use, but direct access to the router it is more complicated and is not recommended for beginners. The options to be found are very advanced and so it offers great flexibility for advanced users.

The router provides by default to a WLAN guest access, but nowhere I can turn off. The router should have a back door and it's easy to penetrate into the network. There is no information about AES, whether now uses AES-128 or AES-256 (WPA2). The router can be managed remotely via HTTP or HTTPS, has a USB hub, for example an external hard drive. Access is via an integrated FTP server, but offers only the FTP and SFTP or any other method.

By default, the router immediately an open Wi-Fi without encryption and protection. The router also offers a Wi-Fi network for guests, I simply cannot turn off. Installation under Windows was cruel, the setup software required to install whatever else. Anyway I needed for my old router is no extra software.

Resetting the router will surely help you. You can see the manual for this and get the method to reset that.

Cisco Connect software, included in the E3000 Linksys router, install your network and connects you to the Internet with a few simple steps. Insert the installation CD Linksys E3000, follow the steps outlined in the screens and you're done. In just minutes you can share the home Internet connection with other computers and devices on your home and discover the incredible performance of Wireless-N technology. You can also access advanced settings and customize your preferences. Cisco Connect software allows you to customize the settings and quickly add multiple devices to your network prepared for the Internet. Use Parental Controls to limit the use of the Web during certain hours and block unwanted sites, what's more, you can customize the filter for each device family. Connect with the Cisco can offer your guests a quick and easy access to the Internet using a password, keeping sensitive information safe for your family. Connect with Cisco, are you that you have control.