Thread: Cannot get Nintendo DS and Wii online with Linksys WRT160N v2

Cannot get Nintendo DS and Wii online with Linksys WRT160N v2

I have bought the Linksys WRT160N v2 router recently for replacing my old one. I was with the hope that I will be able to access the internet from both of my nintendo DS and nintnendo Wii with the help of this router. I have managed to connect my computer through the LAN cable and also wirelessly. But I am facing some problem to get the ds and wii online. I have tried to do this in many of the possible ways but none of them seem to work for me. Can you tell me that what is the problem with this and how it can be resolved? I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: Cannot get Nintendo DS and Wii online with Linksys WRT160N v2

If you have bought the router newly then my suggestion to you is to check that what is the version of the firmware installed. I would like to tell you that there is well known problem with the intermittent connectivity and Build 11 firmware meant for the WRT160N V2. Build 11 is the existing firmware that you wil found on the Linksys site. Check to see that if you contain Build 11 if your router is a V2. Downgrading to Build 8 is normally accepted to fix these problems, however Linksys have indicated to numerous people they do not encompass the build 8 firmware to provide to end users. This is the case just for the for WRT160N V2 routers. This firmware is not going to function with the WRT160N V1.

Are you getting some error from the Wii when you try to connect? If yes then please reply with that exact message so that we can give you some accurate solution for this.

Yes, While testing the connection, Wii shows me the error that is with the error code Error: 52030 and the DS shows Error: 52001/52000 and both of them are having the message as system cannot find my IP Address automatically. Other than this, if I try to put the information manually then DS shows me the error 52100.

It is recommended that you have to reset and re-configure the router if you are done with the firmware upgrade or downgrade. If you want to do that then just press and hold the reset button for about 30 sec and after that leave that and unplug the power cable as of your router and again wait for 30 seconds and connect that back. Now you have to reconfigure the router.

It is possible that you have enabled the filtering MAC addresses. This can be one of the possible reasons for this.