Thread: Linksys E4200 dropping connections

Linksys E4200 dropping connections

I am using the Linksys E4200 but problem is that this is dropping connection very frequently. While surfing on the internet, suddenly it freezes and there is no more connection. It remains as it is for about 1 to 2 minutes and after that it get reconnected. It is not limited to wireless connection. It does the same for the wired connection as well. It is same for both the N and g channels. My previous Netgear was working well but as it is having built in DSL modem so I cannot use that when I changed to Comcast. After the switch, I needed to have the latest and greatest wireless device and so I bought the Linksys E4200. Do you any solution for this?

Re: Linksys E4200 dropping connections

I would like to tell you that misconfiguration of P2P programs can also block access to the Internet If you own a router, it should look at the ports that comes out each of these programs (eMule, BitComet, Transmission, Ares, etc.. ), a figure that is checked in the options for each one of them. Later, these same ports must be open on the firewall of the router to prevent any blockage.

If you are having the new internet service provider then you will have to bypass the router and then connect computer unswervingly to modem. You can to access Internet straight away from the modem and examine the connection. Ensure that the Internet connection is not dropping from the modem. If the modem is functioning correctly then try to reset the router as well as reconfigure it. Connect the modem to Internet port as well as computer to Ethernet port on router. Press and hold reset button on router for above 30 seconds and leave that. Wait for 30 seconds and Power cycle the router as well as reconfigure it.

A flaw in the Internet connection can occur for several reasons. These forces to perform some checks before communicating with the Internet access provider. For example, not accidentally disconnected the Ethernet cable that connects the PC to the router, or does not have disabled the internal wifi, a regular occurrence if coverage is poor or there is interference with other wireless networks issued in nearby channels.

The best solution in these cases are found in DNS manually remove Internet access provider (a user operation is advanced on the Net but there are many tutorials that explain it) and replace them with alternative ones, such as OpenDNS. The company says its DNS servers are faster than those of the suppliers, because it has a system cache (copies of pages) and a network of computers to meet user requests. However, in Spain to connect to Web sites is slower than usual with OpenDNS because most of their computers are in the U.S., but serves well as an occasional patch.

There might be some problem with the network adapter. You should click with the right mouse button on the "My computer" shortcut and choose "Properties" from the context menu. Locates and left click "Device Manager" (and then continue to the warning of the UAC). Expand Network Adapters like this. You should see something 10/100 mbps Ethernet or is it that concerns you. It's the same as me or there is a red cross or a yellow warning?

It is possible that the problem is with the Linksys E4200 that you are using. So just go to the dealer from where you purchased that and tell them about the issue. See if they can help you. If they are not helpful then you can visit the manufacturer for this and get the problem solved.