Thread: Netgear WN3000RP - review and purchase

Netgear WN3000RP - review and purchase

I've been waiting for the ESC in August WN3000RP. Supposedly available, but not in any of the major web sites - Amazon, Fry's Electronics Best Buy. Found some websites that do not know and not interested for risk use.And I have not seen any evidence of this.

Re: Netgear WN3000RP - review and purchase

Perhaps the 'A' in AP for this device is stands for Access

The only trouble is that the original firmware is full of errors. After initial setup, good luck getting back into the router settings if you have the operation. It just does not work. I am using a Netgear router DGND3700 we bought at the same time. They also have a major trouble if you desire to extend the signal with an extender of seconds by linking to the extender of the first. NOT assign an IP address.

They also have a trouble with the Ethernet port on the back of my Dell Latitude E6410. Not spot a connection, nevertheless if I connect to the port of the docking station that works extremely well. I have also established that the port on the back of my laptop is functional by connecting to the network here.

I am also having a trouble where these things do not take the key randomly security and randomly lose internet connection. It seems like they actually should have done more testing prior to the release of these and have set display multiple stop errors in the firmware. I’ll be in touch with Netgear support to see if they have new firmwares that just have not published yet.

A couple of things I'm forgetting.
    1. The image on the support page for WN3000RP is wrong.
    2. The installation guide mentions a "User Manual". Where is this "User"? Unable to download and is not included with the WN3000RP.

After being on hold for 30 minutes, you get about 10 seconds of hold music and then back to a dead silence. Does anyone know how long waiting times tend to be?

I got the option of contacting the pre-sales and support me in touch with him and picked up immediately. I should be able to get now, although he could not understand why I was not able to enter the extension configuration page after the initial setup.

I realized that if you make a ping mywifi will be given the IP of the expander. You can then put that into the browser and bring up the configuration page in length. Why not bring it to the URL is rare. I will be setting IP addresses manually extend and label them, so I know what they are.

They got that little tidbit of information for future reference. As for the internet connection drop randomly, I suggested that instead of using WPA WPA2 . Not happening. It also suggested trying a different channel. They said the channel 11 is the best to try. I will try it out. Not really sure that will help. Also I have to figure out why the extender did not give me a second IP address when connected to the adapter first.

For some reason, even connect the second to the first fully borks both. To get the first one to work properly again, you have to restore or disconnect the second and then power cycle the first.

Wiring not actually work except you want to pay money for another wireless router or access point that can be linked to the most important router via cable, as we necessitate the phone for visitors. The WN3000RP does not hold up linking to the router by means of the Ethernet port.

I can have an OK-ish connection to the router with the second, but I have some packet loss. I'll have to check some other places to connect the second and see if I can get a good enough signal to the conference room where we need it.We need to be password-protected wireless, since it is an external line and do not want the computers in the domain that connects to the external connection.

I personally am not familiar with this new system and therefore may be wrong.However, the Netgear device has this feature that when using a URL, we obtain (after rebooting and before applying any configuration) to an assistant or other screen that typically helps to configure the device. This is called the 'hi-jack screen.

After the initial screen, any more access to the menus you to the regular menu of the device. Neglecting the initial "hi-jack" screen you can enter the IP address of the device or the exact address in your browser menu.

Is an antenna for receiving and one for the issue or do they both do the same thing? I'm looking for something like this that I have to get pretty damn far from the original AP. I was wondering if you can replace one with a high gain antenna (looks like a small satellite dish) to point to the AP to get a stronger signal.

Picking the WN2000RPT today to observe if it will work for me or not, so I conjecture we'll observe.

It took me forever to work with my WNDR3700. Not operate properly if the AP they are doing is connecting with the use MAC addr filtering. This infuriated me, as if no tomorrow, because it is one of the many things that used for security. I also share my iTunes on your home network. Sporadic Sometimes none of my other computers can connect to iTunes any longer. I spent hours thinking it was something else until you resume the WN3000RP and lastly returned to work. I hope they fix this with a new-fangled firmware, for the reason that I cannot contract with this type of BS and might have to return to this thing.

I just tried to get netgear WN3000RP operational with my Linksys WRT54G for a complete day. The wireless network is operational well, except for part of my house. The "Smart Wizard" would go through successfully until the last page, which tells me that the AP approach. Well, it's just 3 meters away. This goes to the store.