Thread: Linksys E4200 DHCP Reservation

Linksys E4200 DHCP Reservation

I have installed an E4200. I've included some PCs on our network to the reservation list, trusting the each and could have its particular constant IP address. It appears to work for some PCs. In any case others should be listed twice with unexpected IPs and Mac address-one of which is hard wired to the E4200. I suspect I am misjudging what this method can do?

Re: Linksys E4200 DHCP Reservation

DHCP reservation appoints a particular IP address to a particular MAC address. In the event that your workstation has a few or more lattice interfaces it has different MAC address and you need to save an IP address for every interface, e.g. wired and wireless. Moreover verify to drop in the right MAC address of your computer.

Likely DO post your "/ipconfig /just for us. I'm not familiar with your setup, but assuming that I hold my laptop docked with the wireless empowered, I have several IP and MAC address in the DHCP table. It is one for the wired/physical connection and a different for the wireless.

Here is the ipconfig /all consequences:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\ANMT7>ipconfig /all
    Windows IP Configuration

Code:
       Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : PIRELLI
       Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
       Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
       IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
       WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
       DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : socal.rr.com

I have such a variety of computers connected to the network and a wireless printer. I'm fully jumbled regarding the practicality of the DHCP Reservation page. As my final answer, I held a few IPs (wired and LAN), but the router appears to overlook one or the alternate-I'm not at the workplace, so I cannot give you the careful insight. When I make the proposed reservations, I duplicate the Mac address for the fitting computer from the top lean to the field in the Add line, click Add and Save. It then shows up in the bottom post of reservations. When doing this for every last trace of the computers, I have address from 102 to 111. I rebooted the router and moved toward getting mixed consequences. Some of the computers were given the Reserved IP Address; others not.

The method I hold address is different and more proficient than what you're doing. When the apparatus I desire to save shows up in the top table, I select with the check box on the right, then click the "unite clients" catch. This mechanically populates the containers underneath with the IP address and Mac address. No necessity to copy and paste them.