Thread: Linksys AE1000 router does not connect on startup

Linksys AE1000 router does not connect on startup

I have Linksys AE1000 router and from last some days I am facing problem with my computer. whenever I start the computer from sleep mode at that time it does not power up the Linksys AE1000 router and after that I have to disconnect the router and connect it again and after that it works fine. Is there any issue with drivers or problem is with my router only.

Re: Linksys AE1000 router does not connect on startup

I have gone through your problem and after referring your solution I will first suggest you to check whether you are facing this problem with your router only or you are facing problem with any other router also.

Well if this problem is coming with all the router then I there is problem with then you have to change the power management setting in your computer and after doing that your problem will get solved. i am telling you this because most of the time this type of the problem can be solved by changing the power management setting. try this solution and after chaining the setting let me know what is the result.

Yes by changing the power management setting your computer you will be able to solve this issue. if you done know about how to change the power management setting in your computer then first you have to open the start menu in your computer and after that you have to open the control panel. Now after that you have to select the system maintenance option. Now after that you will see the device manger option in right pane. Click on the device manger. Now in the device manger dialogue box you have to expand the network adapter option. In that you have will find the wireless device which you are using with your computer and after that you have to right click on that and then click on the properties. Now after that you have to click on the power management tab. after clicking on the power management tab you have to uncheck the “Allow the computer to this off this device to save power” after that you have to click on the Ok. Now after that check whether you are facing the same problem or not.

I think after turning of the power management option problem will get solved.

Well if you are facing the same problem after turning off the power management option also then you should connect the laptop with different USB port and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. May by changing the USB port your problem might get solved.

you should follow this steps to solve this problem with your Linksys AE1000 router.

• first you have to uninstall the drivers of your router from your computer.
    • After uninstalling the drivers you have to restart the computer.
    • Now after restarting the computer you have to download the insert the drivers CD which comes with the router.
    • After that you have to install the drivers and after installing the drivers you have to check whether you are facing the same problem or not.

I hope after reinstalling the drivers problem will get resolved.

I have referred you problem and after going through your solution I have first checked other router with my computer and they all worked fine with computer. Now after that I have also connected my Linksys AE1000 router with different USB port and after connecting that also whenever I start the laptop at that time it doesn’t get power up and after that I have to reconnect it again. This problem is really irritating for me. I have uninstalled the drivers from my computer and after that I have installed the drivers again and after reinstalling the drivers also I was having the same issue.

I have also tried to solve by changing the power management setting but still no joy. Please help me with this.

Did you tried to solve this problem by resetting the Linksys AE1000 router if you have not tried this then first reset the Linksys AE1000 router and after resetting the router you have to check whether you are getting the same issue or not. First you have to check whether there is any reset button located on the router or not. if you have reset button then follow this steps.
    • To reset the router you have plug the router.
    • You have to press that button for some time till router gets restart.

After resetting the router you have to do all the settings again and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not.

I was also facing the same problem with my Linksys ae2500 router and after that I have first tried to solve this problem by connecting router with different USB port and after connecting it with different USB port also I was having the same issue. now after that I have also tried reinstalling the drivers and resetting the router but after that also I was still getting the same issue. now after that I have emailed my problem to Cisco support and they have told me to download the Ralink drivers for the AE1000 and after thyat install it in computer and after referring that I have download the Ralink drivers for the AE1000 an installed it in my computer and aftr installing that in my computer all the things started working properly. I think you should also try this solution and after that your problem will get solved.

If you want to download the Ralink drivers for the AE1000 then you have to click here DOWNLOAD and after clicking on the download you have to first uninstall the old drivers from your computer and then install new drivers and after that you will not face any problem with your router.

if after trying above solution also if you are facing the same problem then you have to contact the Cisco support and after that you have to tell them about the problem which you are facing with your router and after that they will give you the proper solution regarding problem. if they will find you router faulty then you might get replacement of the router.

I hope you will find this information helpful and your problem will get solved.

After referring your solution I have installed Ralink drivers for the AE1000 and after installing the I have also reinstalled the USB drivers in my computer and after doing that my problem get solved. thank you for helping me and sharing information with me.