Thread: Linksys WRT54G v2.0 crashed with Firmware Ver.4.21.4

Linksys WRT54G v2.0 crashed with Firmware Ver.4.21.4

I was having some problem with the connection through the WRT54G V2 Wireless Router and to fix this, I downloaded and installed the latest firmware release that is Ver.4.21.4 to my Version 2 Router. After the download, I followed the application process with the help of the router's firmware update process, it said that it was successful and after that the router restarted but then I found that it didn't work.

I am not able to ping the address and I am just getting the continuous flashing Power light and there is no response as of the router. I tried this many times but all the times it was with the same result. I tried with some of the other methods that I got on internet but there was no success. So I am posting this over here with the hope that somebody will help me to get this solved.

Re: Linksys WRT54G v2.0 crashed with Firmware Ver.4.21.4

I think that you will require resetting the router. So do the same and then restart the router. I wish that this will solve the problem for you.

What you can do is, just switch back to the earlier version that you were using and see if that is showing you any problem with this. I am saying to downgrade because I have seen many of the people who are having issues with this version. Therefore I think that downgrading is the only solution for this at the time.

You can go through the steps below and see if this helps you or not.
    1. First of all, turn on the unit and keep the reset button pressed for 30 seconds.
    2. Now release the button and press it again and unplug the unit and release the button after 30 seconds.
    3. Now again plug-in the unit by holding the reset button for 30 seconds again.

Please reply back if this helps you to get the issue resolved.

From where you downloaded the firmware upgrade. It must be downloaded from the official site of the manufacturer and if you have downloaded that from somewhere else other than the manufacturer site then do the update again from the official site.

To get the exact answer for this issue, you must contact the support and inquire them about this problem. They will let you know the resolution for this problem. This will be the best thing to do in such cases.