Thread: Accessing router with Linksys E4200 Lan-Lan Connection

Accessing router with Linksys E4200 Lan-Lan Connection

I have bought the E4200 for the home network and setup that like Lan-Lan connection without any problem. The DSL modem Siemens Spreadstream 6520 is from Bell Aliant (is a wireless/router utilized as the DHCP). On the E4200 as per instruction modified the E4200 IP address and disabled the DHCP as wel as put the NAT as disabled. The E4200 is linked openly as of an Ethernet port lying on SpeedStream to a numbered port with E4200 (not the internet port). The SpreedStream as well feeds a 16 Port Linksys Switch (SD216). When I attach a notebook through the new E4200 wireless network then I am able to get the rest of the network well. While I attach the computer through the CISCO installed software with one of the E4200 ports the software failed to access the E4200's router. I type IP address as a web address but failed to connect. I want to ask that how can I access the new E4200 router for modification through the lan-lan setup. I want to put a USD exterior drive with the E4200's USB port and setup the guest wireless account.

re: Accessing router with Linksys E4200 Lan-Lan Connection

You should check the IP address of the Siemens. I would like to tell you that the LAN IP address for the E4200 should be same as the IP subnet of the Siemens that you are using. By the way it will be better for you to make use of the E4200 firmware supports bridge mode.

For this, you must verify that which IP addresses the Siemens be able to assign with the help of the DHCP. It should not include the address of the E4200. If there is already installed the latest firmware in the E4200 supports bridge mode then it is possible for you to make use of the E4200 like the access point connecting through the internet port towards the Siemens that you are using. If you do by this way then you will be able to make use of the guest network as well as additional features. This will not work through the setup which you are having currently.

You can try to turn off the QOS from the gaming section of router that you are using. I did the same and it helps me so I hope it will do the same for you.

It will be good for you if you can just upgrade the firmware for the router that you are using. What you can do is just connect the router trough the Ethernet cable and then download the latest firmware as of the Linksys website and store that on your computer. Now open the setup page of the router and then upgrade the firmware. Once you are completed with the update process then you must reset the router and then reconfigure that again. To do that, just press and hold the button for the reset about 30 seconds and then free the button. Now Power cycle the router and finally reconfigure it.

It is possible that the router you are using is defective and for that reason you are facing the problem like this. It will be better for you to contact the dealer from where you bought this. They will help you to get this issue resolved.

When you need to access one of these machines (or any device IP) from outside, it is important to have a port forwarding function. The E4200 does not overlook this feature. For the first 5 redirects, Cisco offers a menu offering 11 choices corresponding to the most used protocols (FTP, Telnet, HTTP, POP3, etc.). There are 15 other custom ports that can be configured manually, bringing the total to 20 redirection.

If a single machine hosts multiple Web services that must be accessible from the outside, it is possible to simplify their lives by setting up a DMZ (demilitarized zone). In this case, the machine whose IP is entered in the DMZ section is directly exposed to the Internet, and therefore not protected by the internal firewall of the router (so it is important to ensure that it is equipped with appropriate protections). Note that it is possible to limit the DMZ to a range of external IP addresses specified.

The E4200 is equipped with a USB port. With the latter, it is possible to connect a storage device like a USB key or hard drive (formatted as NTFS, FAT or HFS +). To share its contents you can make use of the file sharing otherwise streaming DLNA.

As you are already having the box, one can wonder about the possibilities of adding a second access point to extend the reach of Wi-Fi (this step is often necessary in a house). Equipment manufacturers offer network access points ready to use but you may want to prefer a router to have a number of advanced features (eg USB sharing, even if it is not the fort of the E4200). The E4200, this is done most simply by connecting the world one RJ45 Ethernet jack in the WAN, and configuring the device in bridge mode in the basic configuration options (single access point mode). To place the access point Wi-Fi secondary (E4200, for example) well away from the main point (ISP box), simply connect the two points using a connection type PLC.

Re: Accessing router with Linksys E4200 Lan-Lan Connection

The problems of the interface bug when sharing USB storage space will eventually complete the most skeptical. It is very bad as the E4200 has strong assets on paper (gigabit, high-speed Wi-Fi, USB share). In addition, many configuration options offered by the web interface are a real benefit to advanced users in need of "customization" and we appreciate the easy router configuration mode single access point (not always present in the competition).