Thread: Routers locks up due to Netgear FVS338 and Playstation 3

Routers locks up due to Netgear FVS338 and Playstation 3

I hold a FVS 338 router running the most new firmware ready from Netgear (Primary 3.0.7-24, Secondary 2.0.0-141). I have a decently far reaching home network running behind my FVS338 that works impeccable. I have 4 PC's (3 PC's on the arrangement via satellite via a WG302 Ver. 2 and 1 PC wired) 2 Iphones, 3 network printers, 2 DLink satellite cameras (receptive through the router from the virtual internet), a WD Network Hard drive and a Roku XD media player (which streams substance PERFECTLY from the web through the firewall). No matter what I attempt, I cannot get the PS3 to RELIABLY access the web to essentially login into the PlayStation Network (no digital amusements are played through it at this time) or utilize Netflix on the PS3. The FVS 338 will "bolt up" (orange TEST light on FVS 338 lights up and WAN port is closed down) when the PS3 attempts to enter the web.

re: Routers locks up due to Netgear FVS338 and Playstation 3

Comparative with me so I have empowered and made Custom services to open up all ports to the static IP I have allocated to the PS3, both Incoming and Outgoing, default utility HTTP, HTTPs (TCP 80 and 443), specially crafted services TCP 5223, UDP 3658, 3478-3479, and for Netflix, UDP 10070 and TCP 10070-10080. Still doesn't serve some useful purpose. I don't grasp it as my Roku (which has a static IP and port sending for 80 and 443) works flawlessly and streams HD substance from the virtual internet flawlessly through the firewall without lock up.

I have in addition perceived reference on the network to the FVS 338 supporting UpnP (I speculate with a particular firmware update). Does any individual know which firmware revision has this practicality and where to download it from? I've viewed images of a FVS 338 browser interface with UPnP but cannot spot a firmware download for it.

Same situation with FVS338, I attempted with offbeat routers and the situation is just with fvs338, I overhaul final week the firmware for 3.0.7-24 but the situation still there.

Through much online internet gathering seeking, I found a semi-key to the situation. A chap on some indefinite discussion was having the same situation as us excluding he had some DLINK router. The situation is not the FVS338. As a matter of fact, I think it to be finishing precisely what a correct firewall might as well do close down connection to the WAN side when it distinguishes a ton of movement launched on the LAN side that is attempting to convey through the WAN, which consequences in parcels returning that the FVS338 regards "unsolicited".

Go into your PS3 and DISABLE the Media Server Function. Once you do that, your PS3 can get an IP from the FVS338, get access to the web and log on to the PlayStation network. Likewise, Netflix works impeccable also (verify you open the ports I portrayed above, inbound and outbound). Since having the ability to utilize the PS3 as a media server OR for the PS3 to see existing media servers on the LAN is not significant to you, then you are finalized. I, furthermore, could get a kick out of any chance to be capable for my PS3 to have the capacity to utilize a media server on my LAN (I have one set up). I am in reality able to get the PS3 to see it (with the PS3 Media Server empowered) and can stream movies from it, but having that method on the PS3 prepared will bolt up the router whenever you attempt to log on to the PlayStation network for any explanation (Netflix, on the net amusements, and so forth.)

I have found reference to the PS3 media server utilizing TCP and UDP port 5001. I attempted setting up several unique services for this port (TCP and UDP) and preparing them Inbound and Outbound for my PS3's static IP but it still bolts up the WAN. This heads me to accept that the PS3 should still be utilizing an additional port or ports with the Playstation server that I am unconscious of. IF ONLY I COULD FIND OUT WHICH OTHER PORTS IT IS USING. I have viewed specify of the Play Station Media Server utilizing port 9000 but just found one say of that. I haven't attempted setting up principles for that port yet. You are able to go into the PS3 and update the media server port from its default of 5001 to something distinctive. The fellow that specified port 9000 could have done this. I don't know. More shoveling on the net I conjecture.

I don't know in the event that I specified this in my first post. Seeing that I'm answering to yours, I could not venture to see it. In addition to setting up port leads as I did above, verify to disable "Block TCP Flood" and "Block UDP Flood" under the Attack Checks tab of the FVS 338. I likewise have "IGMP" empowered. I'm not confident if this is needed for the PS3 but through all my trial and lapse, I handicapped those settings in the route and after the PS3 works outdated now, I haven't re-empowered them.

Playstation Network Required Ports:

• TCP 80
    • TCP 443
    • TCP 5223
    • UDP 3478
    • UDP 3479
    • UDP 3658

Remote Play & Gaming Required Ports:

• TCP 80
    • TCP 443
    • TCP 5223
    • TCP 9293
    • TCP 10070-10080
    • UDP 3478
    • UDP 3479
    • UDP 3658
    • UDP 10070

Services
    Outbound rules
    Inbound Rules

I just ran into this situation following redesigning to the most recent firmware form (3.0.7-24). The just method I might purpose it was to return to the past firmware discharge (3.0.6-25).

I made a point not to make any nat controls in the router for the ps3 and all product s works Just fine with the expectation that if stay with 3.0.6-25. In the event that I did need to make controls it could be an immense situation after I have 3 ps3's on my home network. I could most obviously need to buy a router that backed UPNP.