Thread: Getting duplicate MAC address on Netgear WN2000RPT

Getting duplicate MAC address on Netgear WN2000RPT

Settings: running DD-WRT WN3500L connected to the version 1.0.0.2 WN2000RPT firmware

In the list of connected devices, some of them, in fact, related to WN2000RPT have the same MAC address. This seems to be the cause of frequent drops wireless connection. I have tried to eliminate the problem by placing the devices in an optimal way, but that did not happen. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Re: Getting duplicate MAC address on Netgear WN2000RPT

I also have carbon copy MAC addresses exposed in my router , connected via LAN to my WN2000RPT, but not causing any trouble while connecting.

The issue I am having is that my IP reservation is not working because the MAC is the same. I have my DHCP DGN2000 active and I like it, but for now, I have resorted to the manual assignment of IP addresses for devices that are linked to my WN2000RPT. Of track, only to devices that desires a specific IP. For example, to do my port forwarding.

As you have noticed the MAC address is the repeater - this is normal and is not the cause of his frequent falls.

It is not "actually" a trouble, it works. My reservations are running IP as well, when I sent that message I did not realize. It's stupid, but at least it works.

1. Ensure that your intellectual property rules are working if your computer is connected directly to the main router.
    2. When connected to the adapter, make sure you are connected to the router before connecting your computer to it.

If this is true, and the router still does not give the IP, disconnect the computer from the extensor wait a few seconds and reconnect. When this happens to me, just deactivate the network device and turn it back on after a few seconds. My router then assigns a valid IP.You'll have to do this each time you reboot your computer. It's excellent lame, although as I said, at least it works.