Thread: Emergency recovery needed in netgear wnhde111

Emergency recovery needed in netgear wnhde111

I have netgear WNHDE111 AP / Bridge that flashes once per second (a sign of damaged firmware). Unresponsive to any button or network connections. Before becoming a paperweight, which is often stagnant and not respond to other WNHDE111 both while in use and in standby mode and only able to recycle can bring back its operation. That happened when the defective device worked in both AP and bridge mode, after only 3 days of use and then disconnect and reconnect power following 1/second started flashing. Does anyone know how to load a new firmware on it? Some routers have a serial port for this purpose, but I do not see this device. Installation refers to an emergency recovery method should be explained in the manual, but is not there. It seems like a lock without a key. however maybe a big shot knows how to revitalize this access point / bridge?

Re: Emergency recovery needed in netgear wnhde111

Disconnection could be the distance for two WNDHE111 is located at. Have you tested closer and if the issues are enhanced? Most led do remain blinking unless you know the blinks never happened in the past.

The optimal distance is around 12-15 meters; signal strength (when the second unit was functional) was 100% on both sides. And I changed around to realize that only one of these two units is actually to blame. Once you recycle the power connector (ie, pull it, wait 30 seconds and press again), the unit of guilt that behave normally - it stays on the light to start, then blinks in sync with the other unit to show that they are talking about. Then, at any time, both units light show in green, and the defective unit would not respond to or direct IPv4 HTTP request.

Computer and ReadyNAS that were connected to the drive disappeared from the network. Power cycle the defective unit caused the restoration of service without further intervention. I used this AP / Bridge set for 3 days (!), and these setbacks began to spend more and more quickly. The last time this happened in about 2 minutes after the power cycle. The next (last) cycle ended in the "firmware corrupted" signal - 1/second flashing light, and nothing could change that. I wanted to see if there is any way to restore the firmware on the memory chip. Some Netgear routers have a "port manager" to upload. Bin using HyperTerminal, others have a recovery tool that do this automatically, however this device comparable to the left in the freezing in that section.

Instruction for setting up wireless bridge using two wnhde111:
    1. Switch the mode of first netgear wnhde111 to access point.
    2. Attach cables to accessible port on router.
    3. Attach another end of cable to wnhde111 Ethernet port.
    4. Attach power adapter of wnhde to power.

Wnhde will not perform as access point.
    Setting up second wnhde111:
    1. Set the mode of the second WNHDE111 to Bridge.
    2. Plug the power adapter of WNHDE111 to a power.
    3. Press the WPS button on the front panel of the WNHDE111. WPS light should start to blink.
    4. Once connected, your second WNHDE111 will act as a bridge and be able to connect a game console.

I was able to eliminate WNHDE111 firmware as follows:

1. Connect the AP / Bridge in AP mode directly to a PC.
    2. Turn it on.
    3. Wait a minute, until it stopped complaining Windows network cable unplugged.
    4. Go to Start-> Run-> cmd, then type ipconfig at the C: prompt.
    5. Team shows you have an Ethernet card IP 192.168.0.x default gateway is 192.168.0.1xx
    6. Ping 192.168.0.1xx; make sure you return the 4 pings.
    7. Start the browser, type ]http://192.168.0.xxx
    8. WNHDE111 displays a page requesting emergency recovery firmware file.
    9. Point to the downloaded file, wait 90 seconds, and - voila - problem solved.
    10. 10. Windows will start to complain again disconnected cable, but is expected due to AP / Bridge DHCP server is disabled in normal mode.

From your description, sounds like hardware. Things like bad solder joints are heated, and then open. As they get worse, occurring more frequently. Maybe in the last start was the read / write and power connection lost or corrupted the program memory. My guess would be to reload the firmware will temporarily until the next event occurs at the right time and the corruption of the program is repeated. If you are still under warranty, I'd try to get a replacement.

No, not under warranty. Also I have a doubt that the hardware is at mistake, but I'm still happy that I found a method that worked because Netgear reference to a recovery method in the installation guide for the device, but never described in the manual user.

Quote Originally Posted by Connect_Me View Post
    I was able to eliminate WNHDE111 firmware as follows:

1. Connect the AP / Bridge in AP mode directly to a PC.
    2. Turn it on.
    3. Wait a minute, until it stopped complaining Windows network cable unplugged.
    4. Go to Start-> Run-> cmd, then type ipconfig at the C: prompt.
    5. Team shows you have an Ethernet card IP 192.168.0.x default gateway is 192.168.0.1xx
    6. Ping 192.168.0.1xx; make sure you return the 4 pings.
    7. Start the browser, type ]http://192.168.0.xxx
    8. WNHDE111 displays a page requesting emergency recovery firmware file.
    9. Point to the downloaded file, wait 90 seconds, and - voila - problem solved.
    10. 10. Windows will start to complain again disconnected cable, but is expected due to AP / Bridge DHCP server is disabled in normal mode.
    Sorry I'm hitting an old topic, but I'm having similar troubles except my WNHDE111 flashes three times, which is a wireless trouble fairly undisruptive. However, this happened straight away after updating the firmware (which I assure not to bodge). I would love to be capable to do the above steps, but I cannot get IP! My Mac just self assigned IP address. I just cannot get the settings to change and configuration!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemog View Post
    Sorry I'm hitting an old topic, but I'm having similar troubles except my WNHDE111 flashes three times, which is a wireless trouble fairly undisruptive. However, this happened straight away after updating the firmware (which I assure not to bodge). I would love to be capable to do the above steps, but I cannot get IP! My Mac just self assigned IP address. I just cannot get the settings to change and configuration!
    I just had the same thing happens to me today. I bought a used one type WNHDE111 on eBay and I have it as a valid in LAN, I wanted to do an update. I may. Big mistake! It seemed as if the brick, but it turned out that the cable connections still worked. So I give him the courage nip, which is the v1.2.3 firmware on the Netgear site, and reloaded. at least not see my wireless network-A plus. One-on-the-same result for my purposes, since I use it to bridge Media Center.

I know it's unlikely this late in the game of this product, but it would be nice to solve this trouble Netgear. Or at least put a warning on the support pages. If it was an experience and network management systems, and have worked with the Netgear product much longer, I probably would have dumped the thing in the trash - thinking he had bricks or no idea of how to get the older firmware back to the thing.