Thread: Internet connection keeps dropping with netgear WN2000RPT router

Internet connection keeps dropping with netgear WN2000RPT router

– Hi, I have recently bought a new netgear WN2000RPT router for establishing internet connection to my residence, and really it was working perfectly. But since last two days I am having trouble with the router as it just keeps dropping the internet connection whenever I get connected to the internet. And at that time I have to again connect it to network.

And the worst thing is like this happens randomly rather quite often. Thus please let me know how can get out of this problem, is there one having the same problem with their router? Any idea what could be the problem?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Internet connection keeps dropping with netgear WN2000RPT router

See there could be so many reasons that can cause such a problem with the internet connection, I mean to say either there could be some problem with the server, or there is some problem in the router that you are using, thus simply anything.

Thus with very basic quick solution, I would like to tell you that you should try to make a new LAN connection to your machine, and this is the best way to determine whether the existing connection is working or not. For doing this you have to first remove the connection point that you have made and then create a new point from where you can access internet. And try to connect it.

(It would be better if you delete all the previous history and cache, because some time they also causes such a problem during connection and they just keeps dropping)

Well make sure that the device or computer by means of which you are trying to use internet is exactly near to the wireless router. Because if the basic specified distance would not be maintain then it will surely drop the internet connection.

So sit near to the router, and sometimes it also happens as we stay connection to the router but by means of obstacles we can’t connect to the internet, and though we connect it just keeps dropping the connection.

Numerous troubles are resolved by rebooting your system. Do it in this order:

• First of all Power off your computer.

• Power off your router.

• Power off your modem.

• Then Power on your modem first before the machine and wait until modem is totally restarted before the next step. This may take almost 2 to 3 minutes.

• Now Power on your router. And the same as modem wait until router completely restarts. This also can take upward of two minutes.

• Power on your computer.

I think you shold try to put some emphasis on Improving Your Wireless Transmission.

If you have a wireless network, refer the below mentioned link.

http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1114

have you tried to connect another machine with your router ? Do Other Computers Have this Problem?

If other computers are working perfectly then problem is probably with the computer that doesn't work. So for that you should try to make sure the following below mentioned thing.

• If you distorted or upgraded your firewall software or anti-virus software, then you should try stopping it. and If you found anyhow as it's causing the problem, make contact with the software manufacturer.

• If you upgraded your operating system let say “Windows XP”, then the Windows firewall may be on with no you being conscious. Thu here you disable the firewall.

According to me there could be some problem with the setting that you have made in your router, as you should check that Your Router Configuration Matches Your ISP's Parameters.

If you are able to connect to the router but not to the Internet, then ensure the ISP parameters equivalent in the router settings. They actually relies on your broadband service. classically for DSL, you enter the router the Account Name (aka Host Name or SSID) and a Password. Domain Name and DNS Server Address are additional parameters that may be necessary.

If hesitant which settings to utilize, or of their values, the better option over here is to contact your ISP.

Since, cable broadband consumers classically only require to organize the router from the similar computer where the broadband service was established.

Have you ever tried to make a search on netgear’s official website? If not then you can simply do so, as I had resolved my so many issues this ways thus it is been strongly recommended.

Upgrade the Router and Adapters:

NETGEAR's objective is to have consistent and easy-to-use hardware and software. in spite of best purposes, infrequently you require to advance firmware or software or drivers for fix and new features as well.

If you advanced it to a beta, Customer Support is not accessible until returning to a non-beta. version.

I was also having same problem once with my machine, and after determining the problem I came to know that there were some problem with the operating system that I was using. and by the way if you search the solution in net gears official website, you’ll get the same solution what I did and it was been resolved.

Have you tried other channels on the router? If no then you should try to do that because In today’s marketplace there are numerous times you just have effortless interference matters and switching channels may get rid of the issue. If you have not tried different ones do so.

If you are different combinations that I would like to tell you as if you are on channel 1 try 11, if you are on 6 try 1 or 11 even try 4 and 8 just to be different.

If suppose you are still getting the same problem and If none of the above solutions helped you, please Contact Technical Support.

Because once I was also having same problem and they were the only people who helped me with proper guidance.

The problem here is probably that you are using a non-standard pre-N router i.e. its 802.11n speeds are not compatible with modern 802.11n systems. What happens is that when your smartphone/laptop etc connects it does so at a compatible rate. But then the wireless link changes to the highest speed available. At that point the two ends of the connection become incompatible and the link breaks.

If you connect to your router with equipment using 802.11bg, everything will work fine. The problems arise with equipment that also supports 802.11n as well (most modern equipment does).

To fix this problem, you need to reconfigure the router to only use 802.11bg rates. After doing this you will find that everything works fine. I had to do this at a hotel which was using 6 DIR-615 access points set to default settings which is 802.11bgn. An old laptop worked OK, but my tablet and my friends iPad didn't. Reconfiguring the access points meant that the iPad and tablet also worked fine.

Mike