Thread: Netgear WMS5316 Firmware

Netgear WMS5316 Firmware

I recently purchased netgear WMS5316 and netgear WNDAP350 AP.I start with the wms5316 and click on every menu with firefox 6 on Windows 7 32 bits - all good. Then, before setting all things, I decide, as I do for all, to upgrade to the latest version. At first, I realize nothing wrong, but when I tried to acknowledge my Access Point, I get nothing. After a few attempts; I have the idea that it is a trouble with the OUI. Then try to go to OUI menu of WMS5316 but it has disappeared! I try internet explorer 9 and it is the same. The OUI is not in the menu anymore.

So downgrade WMS5316 to lowest firmware and get oui menu with ie9, but still does not exist in firefox6.I was then able to detect the AccessPoint.I can waste my time! Material is supposed to be professional. It could be professional for browser your stuff is working. It could be more professional to develop the web interface work with all browsers.

Re: Netgear WMS5316 Firmware

Recently I brought netgear access point and I am also facing the exactly similar problem. I know it's more difficult to have a web interface that works in all browsers. It must be specified in the documentation section of the download.

I like to specify one more thing I had to clear the cache after downgrade IE9 to return to the OUI.

For me, no matter what device I'm working I use IE, regardless

Actually wanted to update everything, so need your help.
    1. Is it achievable to run the OUI with a SSH session?
    2. What account to make use of SSH to connect to wireless management software?

Exactly the same trouble I have just updated the driver for all the points 2.1.2 and 2.0.27 and access to factory settings to establish a new controller and now will not locate access points. In the previous firmware’s was a purpose of the discovery of the OUI in which you perhaps will insert first part - 6 digits of the MAC addresses so that access points be capable to be detected in the automatic discovery, however the new firmware uses a diverse technique to locate access points that perceptibly does not work!

Currently I have an open case with netgear you are working at level 3 support such as distributors so we support very quickly and this affects a large number of our customers to upgrade to the latest firmware.

I will keep you updated when i get any solution

I have called netgear support and they told me it was a breakdown and must make a return. So propel things back and get some new-fangled.

And presume that it will happen again! Could you bring up to date me if netgear provide a solution?

I'll let you know something as soon as i know. All I know is now the second-line support are in contact with third-line support to tackle the trouble. I imagine that will come in the form of a firmware update.

I had my RMA 5316, as it lowers itself automatically after upgrading to 2.1.2 does the new device / refurbished and now when I try to seek and find my network WNDAP350s finds nothing.

It's really funny how sometimes the option of hitting even look away for me, there are no settings to configure the Mac address, and once I found my magic devices, then I was able to add one and configure it and was not able to add rest.

I think I need to contact netgear support people and inform them about this situation. If they are not able to rectify my problem. I think I need to replace my netgear access point or I have to wait for firmware update.