Thread: Is it a good choice to run fiber over 1200 sqft from one place to another.

Is it a good choice to run fiber over 1200 sqft from one place to another.

I am wiling to run a fiber connection from brother house to all the way to my house which is approximately about 1000 sq-ft and we own a wide land till my brothers house as well.I do not have any idea regarding how to make the connection and i have few questions in mind such as Which type of fibre wire do i need to buy in order to control the cost? I assume.Do i I need conduit? Or i can bury the cable directly?what are the hardware that i need at both the ends?what will be a reasonable rate to pay a professional doing this?. any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Is it a good choice to run fiber over 1200 sqft from one place to another.

just answer a few questions to me before i suggest you something.What budget you are assuming for this? is it possible for you to do get a different point-to-point wireless connection coming all the way from your brother house to yours because the line oh sight will be one of the main issue? and you can very well bury the fibre but a bare one and you can get it cheaper as well but getting the whole process done by professionals will be quite expensive but if you go for a Wireless connection then it will be quiet cheaper and easier to setup it as well.

Better go for "single-mode fiber" using switch equipment with SFP or GBIC interfaces for the connection.A "Multi-mode fiber" is generally worth for 500 to 600 meters so making a connection for 1000so you barely make that if 1200 feet is not wort and accurate.If you want you can go with outdoor rated fiber or you can go with per-terminated or terminated.If its possible than get a multipair cable and for at least a couple of pairs so that in future the termination gets damaged you can just go with the other pair for some days until the another get fixed.You will have to talk to the gas department or the consulting department for reference for burying the bare fibre even though you owe the land.

If you can possibly manage the above ground power using the wooden poles from your brothers place too yours than you can save a good amount of money.You can probably get a truck on rent in the weekends to get your work done but if your house and your brother house are to be considered as different properties out there,then i don't think that you will get a permission to hang your own fiber all the way with the help of the poles because the person who owns owns the land can are allowed to run fiber from one place to another through the same route from where the the power runs assuming that the land does not have any different service drop.

You can also run some OFS at-3ben2tt-012-z Light armor singlemode fiber between the two houses it will cost you somewhere under 50cents per foot and you don't even need to bury it at all because it is hard,animal resistant as well as handles any kind of harsh condition harsh conditions very well.I used to work in all these work so i have a good idea about the same we have used this stuff over mountain-tops in order to feed mining camp an have really faced no problems at all.