Thread: How to use beetel 450TC1 adsl modem as WIFI router

How to use beetel 450TC1 adsl modem as WIFI router

Hello friends I was using beetel 450TC1 adsl modem with the Airtel broadband connection and now I have changed the internet service provider and I want to use the WIFI capabilities. Is there any way to turn off the ADSL on the beetel 450TC1 modem and configure it to use the WIFI?

Re: How to use beetel 450TC1 adsl modem as WIFI router

As far as I know you cannot configure the beetel 450TC1 adsl modem to use as the WIFI router. after referring your post I have tried to search the solution on the internet to use the beetel 450TC1 adsl modem as WIFi router but I didn’t find any way to disable the ADSL in this modem.

Beetel 450TC1 modem has three physical interfaces which are ADSL, WIFI and LAN in that LAN interface and WIFI has initially connected because of that it enables us to connect the internet with the help of the wire or though WIFI. Normally the modem acquires internet protocol address on ADSL and it assigns this internet protocol address to the computer or laptop which is connected with the mode. by turning off the ADSL option I think it is possible to use as a WIFI router.

• You can follow these steps to use the beetel 450TC1 adsl modem router as the WIFI router.
    • First you have to connect the router with the WIFI and after connecting the WIFI.
    • After connecting the modem with the WIFI you have to connect the incoming Ethernet connection to the LAN port.
    • Now after that add the IP address in interface setup and after that you will be able to use the modem as WIFI router.

First try this solution and then let me know whether you are able to solve this issue or not. While performing the above steps you have to make sure that you have added correct IP address otherwise you will not able to use the modem as the WIFI router. I hope this trick will fix your issue and you will be able to use the modem as the WIFI router.

Well after reading your above mentioned solution I have performed all the steps and after that also I am not able to use the beetel 450TC1 adsl modem as the WIFI router. I have also checked the IP address and it is correct. please tell me what should I do to solve this.

In your problem you have mentioned that first you were using Beetel 450TC1 adsl modem with Airtel broadband connecting and it means that your modem must be having the setting according to the Airtel and that is why I will first suggest you to reset the modem and after resetting the modem you have to connect the modem try to use the modem again and after that check whether you are able to use the modem as the WIFI router or not.

if you want to the reset the beetel 450TC1 adsl modem then you have to do the following steps. first you have to turn on the modem and after that you locate the reset button at the back of the modem and then you have to press that reset button for some seconds and after that modem will restart and then you have to do all the setting s again and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after that you will not get any issue.

yes I agree with the above solution resetting the modem will fix this issue and after that when you will connect the modem according to above post again then you have to check whether you are able to use the modem or not.

If you are facing issue after resetting the beetel 450TC1 adsl modem then you have to set the DHCP to Relay and after that you have to also specify the DHCP server and after that you will be able to use the beetel 450TC1 adsl modem as WIFI router. Try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

if you want to the change the DHCP setting for your modem then you have to do the following steps. First you have to go to the interface setup. Now after that you have to select the LAN option. Now after selecting the LAN option you have to click on the DHCP setting. After opening the DHCP setting you have to set the DHCP setting to the relay. After setting the DHCP setting to the relay you have to specify the DHCP server.

you have to make sure that your incoming Ethernet connection and other cables are connected properly and also make sure thatIP address has also added correctly.

Well after referring your above steps I have set the DHCP to the relay and also specify the DHCP server and after that when I have tried to use the modem as the WIFI router at that time it connected properly. thnk you for helping me. I really appreciate your help.

Hi All,

I have the same issue. I have just taken a Tikona connection and have an old Airtel wifi router Beeter 450TC1 ADSL2+Router.

Can someone please explain in detail how to set up the wifi internet connecttion?

You have to aware of the thing that router is having support for the DHCP and it will let allow you to make use of the Wi-Fi + switch. So you have to check whether the router is having the above mentioned option.

how to specify the DHCP server ??
    plz help.

Quote Originally Posted by rohit777 View Post
    how to specify the DHCP server ??
    plz help.
    When your computer needs DHCP support it broadcasts a DHCP request message on the local network. At this time the computer does not know any applicable IP address so it is unable to address any specific node at all. The first DHCP server (and preferably the only one on the local network) that responds will tell your computer the IP address to be used by that computer, the address range on the local network, the DNS address(es) to use and the gateway address needed to reach other networks.

i tried everything but my router 450tc1 is not connecting wid tikona..
    please tell the procedure..