Thread: AVRs for streaming music from NAS

AVRs for streaming music from NAS

I have each and every one my music stored on top of an Iomega NAS. It supports DLNA. Numerous receivers maintain to be capable to stream music crossways a network, except every one of the manuals I've looked by the side of online consult a computer and/or Windows Media player. I don't wish for to be needy ahead one of my computers being up constantly. Has anybody here established that his/her receiver is able of correctly streaming from NAS?

Re: AVRs for streaming music from NAS

Check out the A / V Receiver through Dolby TrueHD 11.3 CHANNEL, DTS-HD Master Audio as well as Dolby ProLogic IIz. A / V receiver with 9.1 channel surround output channel pre out to 11.3, streaming audio and photos on net and many more features. Receiver A / V Surround superbly integrated technologies and knowledge with the A / V components of high-end Denon. Versatile A / V receiver surround amplifier with high-quality 9-channel pre-out outputs to 11.3 channels, streaming audio and photos on net and many more features for home entertainment enthusiasts.

About ten years back, I got a CD player in my auto that upheld MP3s smoldered on CD-ROMs. It was a complete bitch to do anything different than play from the precise first tune or play irregular. Since you needed the 300th tune, you would be able to either hit FF 300 times or utilize a particularly user threatening hunt mechanism. I could disdain to think how hard that could be to utilize with the 10,000 tunes on my NAS, and a comparable one-line message showcase and a remote control.

I am craving something comparable, and the most fit I would be able to thought of (is a WDTV and a 7" HDTV. In the event that your TV is near your receiver/amp, you would be able to work this into your A/V setup.

Better results are obtained when the network player on a nice DAC (digital-analog converter) is connected, such as the Van Medevoort DA460.

I have an Onkyo receiver NR (1007) and a Logitech Squeezebox Duet (receiver & remote control extension). The media player from Onkyo is schonmal not bad, though technically somewhat feature-limited. The Squeezeserver for the Logitech is not too bad; I am running on a Windows computer is always on anyway.

The network player sees the NAS as a large library of audio and video material. There are network audio players that can only view, but there are also network audio and video players to display. For audio-only players we use devices that are equipped with its own display. The TV does not like listening to music. It's quite annoying to always have the television on and off whenever you want to hear a track. We always recommend a music player with its own display. The network player you can go directly to the analog outputs to a preamp.

Artware Sound & Vision will help you record a player in your network to purchase kit. In addition, we configure the NAS, the PC and the network. You can get started with listening and watching over your network player.

First start the QNAP Twonky Media Server, switch to the Twonky web interface and set up the folder with the music.

Second choose the Denon network, and then you see the entries he has found. Here go to the Twonky media server and not on the QNAP entry and press Enter (on the unit or the remote).

Third you will now see the folders in your music you first have set up. How it works with me to the utmost satisfaction.

The Squeezebox and Sonos offer components that are only optimized for music playback. Sun, these components need not either own or use a server that supports the major audio formats.

Sonos box and space for a divorce from me because of the price. The costs, in effect more than an iPod Touch + Apple TV. However, it cannot stream the iPod via a wireless NAS and the whole then forward it to the Apple TV, right? The Logitech Squeezebox is designed more to play the music directly, instead of forwarding it to the AVR, right? If I am right, you can only connect the Squeezebox touch to the AVR and then I would turn a mobile device to control. Important to me would in any case I transfer music from a portable player somehow can stream to the AVR. And if I could still control the volume on so I would not have to use more parallel the AVR remote, which would be enough time. Maybe just a BT receiver that I connect somehow to the AVR?

The point is to use a PC, but the NAS to connect directly to the AV Receiver. Either with a USB sound card (directly to the NAS), or in this particular case with a PCIe card that plug directly into the NAS. "Technically plug" this is not a problem. The only question is whether the operating system of the NAS driver for such a sound card provides or they are getting for this operating system.