Thread: How to add WS.Reputation.1 as an excluded threat in Norton internet security 2012 beta

How to add WS.Reputation.1 as an excluded threat in Norton internet security 2012 beta

Hello I am having the problem while I want to add the WS.Reputation.1 as an excluded threat. What I have found is NIS allows you to add specific detection signatures to a list that should be excluded from use in "Signatures to Exclude from All Detections". And in this list they haven’t been including the WS.Reputation.1 I think which one of the most false positives. Any suggestion regarding this? Please help me and suggest something regarding the query.

re: How to add WS.Reputation.1 as an excluded threat in Norton internet security 2012 beta

Ok so I have some steps and I think that this would be solving your problem and would be atleast giving you a very good idea. So the steps would be beginning as:

1. Go to settings and then to computer
    2. Next would be to move to Antivirus and SONAR Exclusions.
    3. There you would find a option saying Signature to exclude from all detection click that.
    4. Then configure.
    5. now you need to Add
    6. In the security Risk dropdown box you would be finding Insight Network Threat select that.
    7. Now select the WS.Reputation.1 and click on add
    8. And then ok to end.
    This would be the steps which would be taking you out of your problem.

re: How to add WS.Reputation.1 as an excluded threat in Norton internet security 2012 beta

I think that the WS.Reputation is not a signature. Norton internet security has been presenting it as a detected threat. And yes you are right that they have been one of the threats which is likely to have a False Positive which has been often triggered by the new releases of the browser add-ons and they have a like and users have not been disabling the reputation based detection entirely. And I even think that the Norton internet security must give some choice to the user to have other control for the reputation based detection I think this would be giving you some idea about the query.

The only several technologies that has been added to the Norton internet security is the signature based threat detection. And I think that the signature for the WS.Reputation.1 cannot be excluded and this is because I think there is no such signature existing and they have a other method to detect the threats.

I was also trying to do this and they have been a very tough task to be followed number of my attempts were failing out I don’t think that this would be possible in this version because no such protocols have been added and the above poster is right that with all this consideration this is also true that there is no such signature at least we are not knowing it till now and I am hoping that some proper solution for this would be there by the developers themselves.

The issue over here can be with the slow population with the all security risk list. I had a closer look for the all list and it was a slow process when I was scrolling them down and there was a bit lag and I was just unable to find anything like WS>Reputation.1 in the all list also. Anyways when I selected the Insight Network Threat from the drop down box and again I selected the all then I was able to see that the 'WS.Reputation.1' risk was displayed and I think these needs to be looked out by the developers and solve the problem.

I too had the same problem as you guys have been saying but this was solved a bit by updating with the newer version installations may be I am just luck over here but truly it has been working with me.

I have been searching out a lot for this query but I haven’t found anything about this so I have been thinking that there is no solution which would be solving this query. The first poster has been suggesting some of the steps and I hope that would be working and if that doesn’t works then I think that it would be impossible to do that again as there has been no protocol been added by the developers and so you can not add it by yourself.

Re: How to add WS.Reputation.1 as an excluded threat in Norton internet security 2012 beta

Nice work Niantic i have tried this out and things got worked nicely i was trying the same but i was missing out some steps i think. but i am really very happy now to get done with my work i have been trying very much to solve this problem and i was wondering that why a i not able to make out the way from it i was sure that i am missing out some steps and i found out by looking the comments over here.