Thread: Microsoft security essential: Files like MpKsl keep trying to run at startup

Microsoft security essential: Files like MpKsl keep trying to run at startup

Hello friends I have a question about the Microsoft essential Please help me, Ok so I am using windows 7 and in that I have been using the MSE as well as online armor and the problem I have been facing is when I started my pc today I found that online armor alerts me that it has blocked a file named "MpKsl49705033.sys" now I don’t have any idea about this file I tried to search about it but I dint got anything so please help me?

Re: Microsoft security essential: Files like MpKsl keep trying to run at startup

I have also found this as a problem it has been constantly kept on appearing I thought if I would be restarting my pc it would be solved but that dint happened even when I restarted it or had done a system restore it kept on appearing now I too don’t know what to do? Whom to remove whom to keep? Please suggest something to me too.

Re: Microsoft security essential: Files like MpKsl keep trying to run at startup

Well friends I would like to tell you that MPKSL is itself a part of the Microsoft security essential and then how it would be removed even when you would be restoring your system. And I too don’t know about it that from where it has been stored and how it has been occurred as a problem or how to solve it but I know that this is itself a part of the software and it would be only removed if you remove the application.

And I even know that the KSL part of the name MPKSL means the kernel support library and I am not sure with the first two words I think they mean Malware protection so I think the complete name can be Malware protection kernel support library and so I think if they are related to kernel and all they would definitely show some problem with the startup.

I think using both of them is creating the problem by self and they would be blocking many of the files slowly without knowing about that to you what you are blocking and what you are using. So I think you need to uninstall one of them.

This was the same problem been faced by my friend also and when he asked about that to me I said to contact the Microsoft community and there the problem would be solved and his problem was solved over there you can also contact over there.

Hey this MPKSL file is a service which keeps on changing with the definition of every update and this was something new which has been started with the update
    1.97.xxx.0
    . And now they have been trying to solve this problem. And as far as I can think this is done to defeat the new forms of malware and then file where it is located is to the path
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\{C5946A27-1913-47D3-B5CF-C4EEE4C366AB}\MpKsl8497ee63.sys
    I have been running XPH SP3. And I would also suggest you not to use the online armor.

What I have researched over It is there have been a latest update for this MPKSL service and I have heard that this update would be solving your problem for sure they have been capable of deleting that file by itself and then you won’t have that problem again you need to go with it and solve your problem.

Nice information about the query, and it has given me a good idea. BiGMaCHiNe i dint knew that this is an full form of MPKSL well thanks for that and was bit strange for me and thanks to Potawatomi for a good information and all of the comments are appreciated.

It ok that wasn't a very big deal for me i had faced this problem and so i know a lot about this and i have just suggested you a part of it but it was with the complete detail and i would say that i thought if i would be giving you a long detail you would find it boring and would just skip the comment so i thought to cover it up in small points and you would be able to read it and get helped. so the important factor is that you are been helped with that.