Thread: Boot Time scan in Microsoft security Essential

Boot Time scan in Microsoft security Essential

Hello friends! I am here to have some of my query solved. Does anyone have any idea that when the hell will Microsoft implement Boot time scan in their final release. I am having the great issues with trogens and the other malwares. I have heard that the Boot time scan is great way to delete the trogens and the other Viruses that might be function while the system is on however boot time scan deletes those file before they could take the space in Memory so I want to know that if make it essential to choice of Boot time scan in Microsoft security Essential?

Re: Boot Time scan in Microsoft security Essential

One feature that I in my opinion consider required in a good anti-virus program is the boot-time scan, that is, a scanning process done prior to Windows starts. Unluckily, this program doesn't have it. Apart from that, I can say that Microsoft Security Essentials is a ready for action anti-virus & anti-spyware tool. You can download and use it for free.

Well you can contact their official and suggest a bug as a proposition for this feature. I am not sure of some plans to add this, but there is choice for you to run a scan in Safe Mode. Bug reports are submitted via the Microsoft Connect web site for Microsoft Security Essentials. Please be sure to review the bug submission guide: But one thing you will have to keep in mind that to your bug compliance. Microsoft always welcomes the suggestion views from their valued client so be optimistic may be they are also having some plan for this. I hope that they will do some effort in this way too. Let’s see how long it takes.

Yeah same complain from my side too. I suppose that Boot Time scan is always a better option for the removing the infacting files.

eah in this regard we do all have a hard luck even I feel the same for something to be there in Microsoft Windows boot time scan and no matter how long will it take to realized by Microsoft but we will have to rely on some of the antivirus for this feature. Some of the antivirus like Avast and others like avira, Nortan can solve your problem But obviously if it would have been from the Microsoft side it would have been a lot more efficient and powerful after all nobody knows the system better that the one who has created it so I think Microsoft should soon make a provision for this. Till Then Hard luck guys!

With avast you can do the following:
    • Right click on the Avast system tray icon
    • “Start Avast Anti Virus”
    • Pop up will be like this “ run a memory scan”
    • Onece done, right click on the Avast antivirus window and “Schedule Boot Time Scan”
    • “Schedule Boot Time Scan” then the option is “Scan all local disk” and check on “Advanced Options”
    • For normal infected file select “Move infected files to Chest” and select “No action” for system files and Press “Schedule” button.
    • You will be asked for the Boot time scan and click “Yes” to reboot and start the scan.
    You are done.

yeah You guys are right all we can do is wait and see if Microsoft put some solution to this .