Thread: what is this win32/winwebsec on my windows ?

what is this win32/winwebsec on my windows ?

I just had a scan after I saw a malware program explode up -- "Security Tool", which make me go for and pranked me into allowing to make running it. If I click on the History tab in Microsoft Security Essential , with "all recognized items" selected, it shows the following: Trojan:Win32/Winwebsec, and says it has been quarantined. There is a severe alert level, and I should remove it immediately, but the problem is, if I select "quarantined items", it doesn't show anything, so I can't remove it! Please help.

Re: what is this win32/winwebsec on my windows ?

As I got a big caution on my computer haunting me that I have a virus, and than I have tried to running window defender and it won’t let me do it. And it's scanning my system with a bit. That pop up with the virus warning, and it's telling me that it will remove that virus if I sign up for some virus guard and also saying me for my credit card. The virus won’t let me get on the internet, so how can I am not familiar with how to download a free scan on my computer ,can I downloaded it from safe mode and it's safe to download it from safe mode. Give us the name of the attacking product? So we can help you get rid of it...there are a lot of free tools obtainable for free of charge but have no idea what is attacking your computer. The name is as follows. it's a trojan:win32/winwebsec

Take the following steps
    • Try enabling a firewall on your system.
    • Get the newest computer updates for software.
    • Use updated antivirus software.
    • Bound user rights on the computer.
    • Be cautious when opening attachments
    • Be careful when clicking on links to WebPages.
    • Stay away from downloading pirated software.
    • guard yourself against social engineering attacks.
    • Use strong passwords techniques.

Win32/Winwebsec is a relative of programs that uphold to scan for malware and display fake warnings of “malicious programs and viruses”. They then notify the user that they need to pay money to register the software in order to delete these non-existent threats. Win32/Winwebsec has been dispersed with several dissimilar names. The user interface varies to reflect each variant’s personal branding.

Okay here is the free instrument that will delete it. go to Microsoft Download Center and download a tool called Malicious Software Removal Tool that trojan is in its virus database and will remove it. Hope hat will resolve the problem of yours. All the best.

I Think In your case the best solution is to update the Microsoft Windows essential. And then perform a scan of the whole system. All the best.

Thanks guys for your suggestion I think I am feeling a bit on the safer side now and I am relaxed a bit to know that this is a common problem.