Thread: Is opencandy a malware?

Is opencandy a malware?

Friends I am having some problem here that I cannot seem to be getting rid of this I can't seem to get rid of an adware program that popped up abruptly, adware: Win32/OpenCandy. Security Essentials is continuously telling me telling my computer is at risk and I've tried to eliminate it several times but it keeps popping up and it's getting annoying. Has it attached with some program in computer how can I get rid of this to a specific program? Guys Please do help me I am badly stuck with it any help in this regard will be welcome.

Re: Is opencandy a malware?

guys same problem here Can anyone help me with this. I think this some kind of the infecting file attached through mail and is spreading through system to system. Please show us some way out.

Same problem with me can anyone help??

Adware:Win32/OpenCandy is an adware program that may have associated itself to some program I mean with certain intermediary software installation programs. Some versions of this program may send user-specific data to their owner I mean to the one who has sent it, including a unique machine code, that includes the information related to operating system information, locale (the country domain at which you are residing), and some other information to a distant server without asking for adequate user approval. These versions are recognized by Microsoft’s anti-malware products.

They are declaring the Microsoft Security Essential lives to be doing a bit noble, but the only thing that might appear sweet about Open Candy is the sales area of play to naive developers that might just fall for it, Pranking them into thoughts it is somehow dissimilar than the typical common adware/spyware. A lot of developers do seem to be biting the bait, but no matter how you slice it, it's still adware/spyware, and to me it stinks worse than the old shaped kind.

I agree with the above reply.

I sturdily advise you to have an account with the MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL Team, and have them examine the file/s. There have been quite a few occasions where MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL, detected Adware: Win32/opencandy in fault. Meanwhile, you can also upload the file to Virus Total. It's a free online scanning service, which examines mistrustful files. My supposition would be, it's a false reading.

I can't pick much of the information about this virus. I looked into my Windows registry, and there is still one Adware-OpenCandy.dll entry at \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\TypedURLs whose values are: url1REG_SZ Adware-OpenCandy.dll So I sense pretty lost - shall I delete this entry? I feel I am in a mess. Guys do provide some solid suggestion.

OpenCandy is malware (adware). Ads, offer creepy irritable domain use stats, and as we all know take away the bandwidth. Moreover rationalizing that adware is a service and not an problem- or threat reveals their irrational mindset. One of OpenCandy adware developers showed to malware bytes forum to protect himself (digging an even deeper hole)... claiming he's been fighting malware, too, and even uses malware bytes. Yeah, right, I believe that.

Adware. OpenCandy is resolute by a malicious key logger program that can detain all user keystrokes as well as confidential particulars such username, password, credit card number, etc. It is designed to open huge safety loopholes in the course of which hundreds of malicious adware and spyware can be piped to your machine. OpenCandy normally shouldn’t destroy or operate the files that you cover in your computer, but there are some of the process files which are associated with this threat. OpenCandy exclusion should be performed on time when it is recognized on a PC system.

If it were my computer I would update Microsoft Security Essential, disable system restore, run a scan, reboot and then re enable system restore. That should remove it if it's in the sytem restore folder. Their official site do contains suggestions for dealing with this problem: Note that if you cannot remove it to seek assistance from MSE support. And you can whenever you want to try and download, install, update and run the free of charge version. Research indicates "OpenCandy" was lately labeled as a "low risk" adware by Microsoft...if you are unable to delete it with MSE or MalwareBytes then You should surele be contacting the MSE support for assistance.

Thanks Guys I have solved my problem with the help of Microsoft Security essensial. I think Its really helpful.