Thread: Update for Microsoft Security Essential 1.0.1407.0.

Update for Microsoft Security Essential 1.0.1407.0.

Guys I am having problem in my system like slow rate, unwanted programs opening frequently and stuffs like that I think that I will have to update my Microsoft Essential. Can anyone her please let me know that how can I update my Microsoft Essential? My current version of the Microsoft Security Essential is 1.0.1407.0. Even though I tried a few times but it failed. Shall I rely on some anti virus program rather than the Microsoft Security Essential?

Re: Update for Microsoft Security Essential 1.0.1407.0.

Microsoft Security Essential is available at Microsoft update. You can check their website for the same. But to update the MS Essential you should be having the latest version of the internet explorer. If your IE is outdated then you can update the same from t intent explorer Downloads (for genuine user of Microsoft). If you happen to be to preferring the other browser you will have to turn on the automatic update. You can do the same following this.
    1) Start => Control Panel.
    2) Depending upon the view you use in the Windows do:
    • System => Automatic Update.
    • Performance and Maintenance=> System=> Automatic Updates
    You can select any of the above option (depending upon the view you use Classic or category

You do not require going to Microsoft Update for the same, the update can be had from within Microsoft Security Essential itself and it is also asked for automatically.

The other way working for you will be this. Navigate to help and then update. This will be forcing your computer to go for the updating.

: Hey there I am having a different type of problem here the problem seems to be the update version when I check in my Microsoft Security Essential the thing I came to know about was that it is update with the today’s Definition but when I went to the download site and checked for the version of it. It told me that the version is 1.0.1407.0. For me which seems to be a problem. Can anyone tell me here that what the problem in my case is? I am seriously worried that if my system is under the attack of some virus or malware. Guys do provide me with some solution any suggestion will be thankfully accepted. I am currently running the 64 bit Windows

The new build has come via MS update as an optional update. 1.0.1500.0 for Windows 7 x64, is available from Windows Update, hidden below the 31 optional language packs. The only distinction that has been noticed by me till now far is a new attractive green tray icon. It will be turning red when I discontinue Real Time Protection and the Action Center reacts right away as well. The new icon is truly nice, it has a translucent backdrop now, same style as the Action Center Icon, the Network icon, the Volume icon, etc.

It has been found that the update in some cases is easier however in some cases becomes problematic that is mainly because of your system configuration, Software malfunction Hardware problems and similar issues so the thing to be done is to contact the support Center they give the proper advice with the proper model of the system.

Thanks guys for the responses I have my problem solved through your suggestion. Thanks a ton.