Thread: Microsoft security essential: on severe alert action taken is to Disinfected instead of remove

Microsoft security essential: on severe alert action taken is to Disinfected instead of remove

Hey hi friends, on my laptop Microsoft security essential have given a severe alert. For this severe alert the action taken is to disinfect it instead of remove it. I am not understanding the meaning of disinfect and for that should I remove this? I am having the dell laptop and I am using this from few last months. Recently I am facing this problem. Can anyone help me to get out of this problem?

Re: Microsoft security essential: on severe alert action taken is to Disinfected instead of remove

I think that there is no need to take action on this further, because if the action taken is as disinfect then it will means that the malware is removed and file is cleaned from any other unwanted contains. So here I will suggest you not think any more for any other action to be taken for it.

Re: Microsoft security essential: on severe alert action taken is to Disinfected instead of remove

Hey mate, I think that there is no need to think more on this problem. I am telling this because if action taken is disinfect, then it means that the malware has been removed from it or disable, so there is no need to take action to remove that. if you are thinking that disinfect action will not remove the malware from the file then don’t feel so, Microsoft security essential will remove the malware from the given file and further it will not affect your system.

Thanks for telling me this thing. So if Microsoft security essential disinfected any infected file then it means that there is no need to do anything more. But I am wondering that why instead of disinfecting it, it should be to remove the entire file. But still I am not understanding the meaning of disinfect? Is it means fix/repair/remove/disable? Please suggest me the meaning of the disinfect, I want o know about the disinfect.

Hey, what I am asking that if the file which Microsoft security essential found and disinfect was Virus: win32/Alureon.H then at that time what should be your reply? Are you still reply the same reason for this? I mean to ask that if that file was affected by any virus or any Alureon.H then will you reply me the same reason for this thing or anything else.

In the case of the any virus or any Alureon.H, the Microsoft security essential will delete it or will move it to the repair. It will repair the file only in the case For example, if any word document file has detected with the virus then at this time Microsoft security essential will disinfects it automatically (it repairs it) instead of deleting the whole file since word document file can contain the user important data. The file will not get deleted; if it is affected by any virus if the whole file is virus then it will delete the file instead of repairing the file.

Hey, I think that the detect ion by your Microsoft security essential was Alureon since this rootkit is the only malware. But I am also aware about this that why Microsoft security essential should disinfect rather than quarantine or remove. I think that this thing might be happens because of Alureon contained file was data file or it will be the word document file for that reason only Microsoft security essential don’t remove it , it only disinfect that file. According to me Alureon is a Trojan and bootkit which is designed, amongst other things, to steal data by intercepting a system's network traffic.

With my Microsoft security essential, I had noticed that when it detects any Trojan: Win32/Patched.L then at that time they was Disinfected, but not Quarantined but in the case of the TrojanDownloader:Java/Rexec.B they got detected and Removed, and Quarantined. Actually I want o find out the disinfected items and want to remove them from the list. For this thing I had already searched on the Microsoft but no any information about the disinfect on the Microsoft. I want to know the setting to remove the items from there. all levels is set at recommended action due to the default setting.

Hey, I think that the detect ion by your Microsoft security essential was Alureon since this rootkit is the only malware. But I am also aware about this that why Microsoft security essential should disinfect rather than quarantine or remove. I think that this thing might be happens because of Alureon contained file was data file or it will be the word document file for that reason only Microsoft security essential don’t remove it , it only disinfect that file. According to me Alureon is a Trojan and bootkit which is designed, amongst other things, to steal data by intercepting a system's network traffic.
    thanks for this reply, iam working with this,if i get anyfurther problem then i will report you back.

thanks for this reply, iam working with this,if i get anyfurther problem then i will report you back.