Thread: Unable to install Microsoft Security Essentials update kb2544035

Unable to install Microsoft Security Essentials update kb2544035

I am facing the problem while applying the update KB2544035 which is the update for the Microsoft security essential. I have downloaded the update but when I tried to install it .it doesn’t install. I have tried again but not able to install it. I have checked the download history of the file it shows that it is get failed. Can anyone please provide me the solution to solve the problem.

Re: Unable to install Microsoft Security Essentials update kb2544035

I have faced the same problem but the problem which is actually caused to me is due to the other antivirus software which is running on my system. So due to this it is causing software conflict and not allowing me to install the updates. So I will suggest you to uninstall the antivirus software if any installed over it.

Actually what is the error while you trying to update the Microsoft security essential. You need to stop the automatic update since in my case this is the actual problem. so open the windows update and hide the updates which is actually showing up as the available. So this updates will now not been applied to the system anymore. When you need it try to unhide it it will starts again. But problem can be due to this only. And version will be also the cause of the problem so try to check the which version actually installed on the system you can get the version detail in the about page of Microsoft security essential. So start it check the version.

In my case the windows service pack version cause me the problem. I am having the windows vista with no service pack installed. When I updated the service pack it. it works .

Yes the problem can occur when you try to update Microsoft Security Essential. And it is completely due to other antivirus software which is installed with it. So I will suggest you to remove that security software since conflicting is actual cause of the problem. I have some tools which will let you remove the security software other than MSE.
    Below is the list of removal tools
    • For Avast go to http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
    • For AVG go to http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities
    • F Security go to http://support.f-secure.com/enu/corp...removeav.shtml
    • Zone alarm go to http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe
    And remove this security tools now try to update it will work perfectly.

I have faced the same problem when trying to apply the update kb2544035 it fails for me also. But I am able to apply the update to without any problem. I have done this to update work perfectly. I have uninstalled the Microsoft Security Essentials from the system and again installed it. And then when I tried to update it with the kb2544035 it works.