Thread: SBS 2011 Backup failure and slow performance due to WFBS 7

SBS 2011 Backup failure and slow performance due to WFBS 7

In my office there is a most up-to-date 1435 build of WFBS 7 installed on 4 dissimilar SBS 2011 servers intended for consumers - every one of top-notch HP ML350G6 servers encumbered through memory, CPUs, as well as performance. I am locating that on every one of 4 SBS 2011 servers, the integrated SBS Backup to a limited USB HDD merely thrives concerning 40% of the time while all Trend services are left running. While backup fall shorts, the SBS 2011 relieve reports an unknown error”.

re: SBS 2011 Backup failure and slow performance due to WFBS 7

Is there a shared Win2k3 SBS Premium SP2? As far as I know there are only for the standalone version and in the past was not compatible with Win2k3 SBS. Apart from that I see on the current instance: Never change a running system in this case, unfortunately, forced by the EOS announcement from TM ... Moreover, according to TM WFBS6 should also run under SP1.

I own ML350 G6 by way of 18GB memory, 450GB SAS 15K drives into a RAID 1, through a solitary quad-core Xeon E5506 processor. I encompass Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 since the Hyper-V host as well as SBS 2011 Standard like a VM. It shuts down the SBS 2011 VM within regarding 30 seconds, and boots to the desktop in with reference to 4:20 with every one of WFBS 7 build 1435 services operating. Devoid of WFBS running, it shuts down within 16 seconds plus boots within 3:05. While I had SBS 2011 like a physical installation on top of this server, the times were almost the identical. Well it seems tom like there are absolutely still countless issues.

It is likely that the emulators always respond well the first partition, and since my first partition is the WBFS I can only imagine it so it will not read and the second. So the FAT32 is no longer sought. So I'll try to change the partitions easily. 1st FAT32 and 2nd WBFS. Must then hold only in the USB loader WBFS select partition 2. We'll see what I can do. If it works then I sign.

Some customers WFBS 6 runs without major problems on Windows / SBS 2008. It was always relatively promptly used the current version. Just check out that whether there is any Service pack for SBS. The SP for Windows Server was also always part of the SBS-SPs.

Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 sophisticated Server SBS version is optimized in support of Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (SBS), and assists tiny businesses to get better from a tragedy otherwise system breakdown. The revival takes simply minutes, not hours otherwise days. The features of this program are follows:
    • Ease of Use
    • Recovery in minutes
    • Restore to dissimilar hardware
    • Get better dependability through external storage.

Essential SBS 2011 I never got to try it but it makes sense if you deploy Exchange services, SharePoint, etc... On the cloud and I do not think in your case. In the end I think you have to choose between 2 options:
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard + MDaemon
    • Windows SBS 2011 Standard

Now I have no way of dealing with the costs of the system and the various licenses but it definitely would opt for the solution SBS 2011 Standard much more complete and functional. MDaemon know well but you cannot compare it to Exchange, although it is a great product. Also add all the various services, the management console, access RWW, etc... To back up in recent years, I am directing the external USB hard drives that are managed very well by the native Windows backup (which no longer manages the tape).

So then try again, it recognizes an iSCSI NAS, USB where you can hang on a disk. In the evening walk to allow you to backup the disks in SBS2008 (native is the only supported way), then you have a backup on your NAS. Then you schedule a job on your nas every day to clone disk to a USB disk. Perfectly possible with QNAP. That you can take home.