Thread: Wrong report generated by Trend Micro Control Manager

Wrong report generated by Trend Micro Control Manager

I downloaded a trail of Trend Micro Control Manager to test the same on my network. There is an strange issue that I faced. I had used this for some couple of time. I had also installed patch 4 for this application to manage some of my OSCE servers that are running in my office. It is an quite large setup so before manipulating any thing, I prefer to test the same for some time. The issue which occurs is related to Trend Micro Control Manager. I had generated a report from the same which gave me wrong information. I do not understand to update it. Any ideas.

Re: Wrong report generated by Trend Micro Control Manager

Patch 4 is a Trend Micro Control Manager server upgrade patch. I will recommend you to roll back the changes and then try back again. This patch is essential to upgrade Control Manager 5.0 or 3.5 Servers over existing installation.

Do this, re-install things back again and then check back. Do not run any kind of update or patches. Another issue that I can discuss here is issue the your database server which might not he able to handle the data of TMCM. This can be due to low system performance or lack of full hardware support. I will recommend you to get some upgrades for that so that information can be tracked properly. You test this on an better system which has higher system configuration. The major issue according to me lies here is of performance.

I like this application and found it helpful. I had tested this many time but do not find such major issue. It is an web-based management tool that configures the installed anti-virus products from Trend Micro from a single console, can be monitored and distributed - location and cross-platform. I better recommend you to take help of expert.

Do one thing, re-register everything back again and then check back. All your systems must be registered once again on it. Then whenever you are trying to generate a report you will need to re-sync it. I do not find any proper settings in Control Manager which allows an automated update of this. The setup is a bit complicated. Better look for a guide which can give you in detail information on all the settings. By running some kinds of improvement can also fix your issue. For an easy fix there is an patch that you can use. The patch link is provided below. Download it and run it. Then again try to check the information in the report. This time it should be proper. If the patch does not work then I will recommend you to remove it, and look for an proper version. You can contact the technical troubleshooting team on Trend Micro about your issue. The issue can also lie on your server side.

Control Manager 5.5 (TMCM-5.5-B1250-Repack3.zip) Download

The patch is not only the solution. I tried this but it does not work. There are more settings that you will have to do. I found this on Trend Micro site and I am here trying to explain the same in an much easier way. After the patch update you will have to modify the xml file of Trend Micro. This is an system configuration file and for an backup you can keep a copy. You can then replace it back again in case of any other error. The ifle is lcoated in Trend Micro\Control Manager\SystemConfiguration.xml file. Read properly below first before making changes. In the file look for m_iLogRetrieveThreadNum. For this entry you will need to increase the value. The value must lie between 10 to 20. This will help the LogRetriever process to use more number of threads at a time, initiating better performance. Second look for m_iLogRetrieveBatchTaskNum. Check the current value and add around 2 time or 3 time more. You can simply multiple the current value by 2/3 and add it. Now look for m_iCommandTrackingLogPurgeRange value.

The actual value which you can found here is 90. This is the default value of this entry.This is actually the days which tells the TMCM server to purge tracking logs after specific times. That simply means deleting the old logs after 90 days. Reduce this as per your need. Now set value 1 to m_iPurgeAllTimeoutCommand. The default value of this is 0. When you set that 1, it will tell the TMCM sever to purge all unfinished commands in the time span of 24 hours. After all proper changes restart your Trend Micro Control Manager and Trend Micro Management Infrastructure service.

It is right that the issue can be related to the performance. Control Manager is an kind of a management and control tool. It helps administrators to maintain the installed Trend Micro software and keep them up to date. So it is possible that due to some invalid settings you are not able to get a proper access to what you want. Second thing you must know that there are two version available for Trend Micro Control Manager. The first one is the Standard version. This is free at any EPS -enabled product. There are some limitations and less feature involved here. The second version is Advanced. It is an chargeable which you will have to buy. It has multiple supports like a cascaded installation, advanced reporting and more. So just go through the version you are using.

There is a full installation and setup guide that can help you. The guide is listed below. Just click, it and go the update page. The guide provides you complete listing of all installation instructions that can guide you for the issue.

Trend Micro Control Manager Guide