Thread: Asus RT N56U Conntinously get disconnected on Static IP

Asus RT N56U Conntinously get disconnected on Static IP

I need help to fix this issue. I have an Asus RT N56U router. When I try to manually add the internet settings, it gave error saying invalid ip address. I do not know why this is happening. I had an dynamic ip address which I changed to static ip to use another internet connection. I added all the settings related to gateway and subnet mask. But the internet connection is fluctuating. It is dropping and not continuous. Very bad for my downloads. There is a constant drop after every 10 seconds. How to fix this out.

Re: Asus RT N56U Conntinously get disconnected on Static IP

The issue behind this can be multiple. I can give you some quick settings that can help you here. First, if you have any security software like ZoneAlarm, then shut it down only for sometime. This is just to ensure an clear passage to the connection. Sometime firewall and security applications blocks your connection. You have either open a port for that or add the connection under exception list.

Run an firmware update for the router. After specific interval of time, the router company releases firmware update to deal with the most common issues of routers. You can run one of them to get a fix for that. Go to the website and download the most recent firmware for your system. You can run that, reconfigure your internet settings and then check back again. Go in the router console to add your ISP details.

Does this was working with your old ip. If there is no issue with the ip configuration, then you will need to contact the ISP for that. Your line might be having some kind of major flaws. For some quick troubleshooting things you can try are changing the cable of Ethernet. You can run ip release and ip renew command from the cmd to refresh your ip settings in the router.

Type 192.168.1.1 in the web browser and open your router console. In that first add the isp settings. Then right click on your network connection that is located in the system tray. Set everything on automatic first. Then right click and choose troubleshoots (Windows 7) or repair (Windows XP). The system will automatically search for the most appropriate settings for your system and fix it. There are number of troubleshooting tools that you can try. The dropping of connection has multiple cause. First it is right to say that, you have an active internet connection, but the connection drops after few seconds. You have to run ping to check that your router is responding fine or not. The default address for your router is ping 192.168.1.1 and for your lan card is 127.1.1.1. Ping then first and then ping a site. If the connection drops in other one then
    contact your isp.

In my views, I will also recommend to update router firmware. You had not clearly mentioned that on the old ip the internet was working fine. If yes the fault lies with the isp and you cannot do much in that. Contact your isp and get the settings for your router.