Thread: Unable to access Port 21 on Asus RT-N56U

Unable to access Port 21 on Asus RT-N56U

I am attempting to access my NAS (D-Link DNS321) via ANDFTP which is a client on my Android. The client worked fine with my old 3Com router. I am now getting " connection refused” when attempting to go in through Port 21. Since I update the customer, NAS and port sending on the router to utilize Port 1025, all things is fine. From what I've been perusing on the web, Port 21 on these routers is blocked. How do you open it?

Re: Unable to access Port 21 on Asus RT-N56U

To make aids, such as WWW, FTP, provided by a server in your local network accessible to the outside users, you might as well define a nearby IP address to the server. Then, join the IP location and lattice order sort, port number, and name of the utility in the emulating catalogue. In light of the record, the passage will send aid ask for from outside users to the comparing nearby server. 1. When your system's firewall is crippled and you situated 80 as the HTTP server's port extend for your WAN setup, then your http server/web server could be in clash with RT-N56U's net user interface. 2. When you set 20:21 as your FTP server's port extend for your WAN setup, then your FTP server could be in clash with RT-N56U's local FTP server.

Yes, I grasp that the situation is without a doubt a clash with the Asus local FTP server. I have incapacitated the local server in the setup, but there doesn't give off an impression of being an approach to utilize Port 21 from the outside. Oddly, in their port sending setup the catalogue FTP as an alternative and proliferate the illumination for port sending 21 to a FTP server. Then again it appears that sort of odd if the Port lack the capacity to be opened. There should be a method, but it isn't promptly evident.

I found the result to the situation (not this time to Asus). In the Virtual Server tab, under the "Famous Games List" is a field called "FTP Server Port". This is evidently the port which is held for the onboard FTP server. The section is pre-filled as 21. I erased the entrance inside and out and adapted the NAS back to Port 21. And now it works perfectly. I identify Asus information of their units to be on the powerless side specifically when level 2 underpin didn't know this. Their interface is not as natural as it would be able to be. Their screen notes for this entrance could essentially need to state "FTP Server Port-this controls the Port being held for the ASUS ready FTP server".

It creates the impression that my port 21 is unfailingly open. That presents a critical security risk in my notion. I am searching for a system to shut that port when not in utilization. MY Firmware Version is 1.0.1.2. So far FTP Share & Network Neighborhood are still both debilitated. I have the opportunity thru pg 40 of the user direct and so far have adhered to the fundamental router capacities. This is my first router and I desire to go certifiable abate till I study a small [lot] more about routers. I have not fixed any of the utilities yet. I stopped to focus on identifying an explanation to my open port situation first.