Thread: Trend micro smart surfing stops working in OS X lion

Trend micro smart surfing stops working in OS X lion

I have Mac. Which I am using from many days. I have purchased Trend Micro smart surfing for mac which protects the personal data from malicious threats while visiting the online shops, surfing the sites and using online bank sites. When I purchased it .it is working perfectly for me. But when my system gets updated to the latest os x lion. It can’t able to work on this system. The problem is whenever I start this application it will gets turn off automatically. Its also happens while updating so can anyone facing such a problem and can provide me the solution.

Re: Trend micro smart surfing stops working in OS X lion

Yes this problem is known issue for the Trend Micro smart surfing in OS X Lion.I have the solution for the people who has updated there os to latest version which is OS X Lion.
    Follow the below mentioned steps
    • Download the hotfix file iTIS_160_mac_iCore_2046_UI_1084_en.zip which is available over trend micro website for it.
    • Double click on the file .zip file you have downloaded. It will get decompressed
    • Now double click on iTIS_160_mac_iCore_2046_UI_1084_en.app file
    • Now click on install.
    • Wait for the message to come. When you receive the message “installation success”
    • Restart the Mac to complete the installation.
    This will help you to resolve the problem you are facing while starting the software.

If anyone who want to prevent this problem has to update there Trend micro smart surfing before updating to the OS X Lion.
    You have to manually do the update this software.
    • Open trend micro smart surfing
    • Go to the overview and click on the update now button to update it manually.
    • Wait for the program to update it manually.
    • When update will be done completely click on ok
    After doing the latest update now try to update the OS X to latest version

Yes this problem is happening to me also after updating the OS X Lion. The hotfix will resolve the problem many of us who are using the Trend Micro smart surfing application. This problem actually caused due to the changes in the network stack of the lion which actually causing problem to the kernel. And this happens when we browse the internet. when we brows the event will be triggered. And the application get turned off to prevent further problems to the system.

I have solved my problem of the Trend micro smart surfing with the solution provided by you all.i have downloaded the hotfix file and applied it on the lion. After that when I tried to start the smart surfing it working without any problems and never getting turned off automatically. thanks again for helping me and providing the solution .