Thread: Cannot communicate with Trend server after patching 1766

Cannot communicate with Trend server after patching 1766

We are running the Trend OfficeScan 10.5 within our environment. Previously, I was with the 1083 build and now I have upgraded to Patch 1 1766. This patch get installed without any problem and clients are upgraded to the 10.5.1766 but there is one problem after installing the patch 1766 that the clients are not able to converse through the Trend server. I think that this problem is related to the 500 Internal Errors which is happening. Please help me.

Re: Cannot communicate with Trend server after patching 1766

Actually the problem for this is that the Application Pool within IIS 7.5 is assigned with the Officescan site and that is not put to function with the 32-bit applications. If you want to solve this then you can do the following:
    1. First of all, click the Application Pools that is there in IIS.
    2. See for the Application Pool which is configured for web application within list.
    3. Choose that and then click on Advanced Settings from right.
    4. Now enable the 32-Bit Applications and set it as True.

I think that the patch is not installed properly and for that reason you are getting this problem. So if you want to ensure that then you can try by upgrading the patch again to see if the problem is because of the improper installation of the patch. I am not very confident that this is the reason for this problem but then also there is possibility for this and it will be better for you to ensure this. I hope it will be helpful to you.

I would like to tell you that this is not the client-side problem. If you want to get this problem resolved then you will have to fix the Web server software first. It is totally depend on the operators of the Web server site who can locate and analyze the logs and you will be able to get more information regarding the error. This will be the best way to get the solution for this.

The 500 Internal Server Error is a extremely common HTTP status code that indicated that there is somewhat gone erroneous on the web site's server except the server could not be more precise on what the precise difficulty is. The 500 Internal Server Error is a server-side error which indicated that the difficulty is not from your computer otherwise Internet connection. It is related to the web server.

Since the 500 Internal Server Error inform shows up around the same time as the checkout method at a web-based trader, be conscious that copy endeavors to checkout might wind up making various requests-and numerous charges! Most dealers have mechanical assurances from the proposed sorts of movements but its still something to keep in brain.