Thread: Help with Control Manager 5.5/Office Scan 10.5

Help with Control Manager 5.5/Office Scan 10.5

Friends, I am very new with the Control Manager and Office Scan so I hope someone will help me with this. I have installed the Control Manager 5.5 without any problem but I am not able to find that where I can install the Office Scan agent for the Control Manager in order to deploy the Office Scan toward my end points. I can get that in Administration > Settings > Add/Remove Product Agents but problem is that the RemoteInstall.exe wizard get ended by searching some .XML file. Can someone over here can guide me in right direction?

Re: Help with Control Manager 5.5/Office Scan 10.5

I would like to tell you that if you wish to make it to work then you can do it from the OfficeScan server and not as of the Control Manager server. Other than this, you can also try from the Administration > Control Manager Settings form the OSCE web-console. This is the only suggestion that I can give you at the time and hope that it will be helpful to you. So try this from the OfficeScan server and let us know if this is helpful to you or not.

Earlier than installing OfficeScan 10.5 server, you should make sure that there is no Microsoft Management Console otherwise the mmc.exe process are active in your computer. I am saying this because it might stop the installation of the OfficeScan product. If you want to verify that then just open the Windows Task Manager and search for the mmc.exe process. Click on this process and it will highlight that process. From the bottom, you will have to click End Process and this will end the process.

To install that properly, you will have to insert the installer CD of the OfficeScan and if are not having that then you can download as well as extract that from internet. After these just launch the Setup.exe file and when you do that then it will unpack and start the program and you will get the Welcome screen. Now click on the next and continue with all the simple onscreen instructions. I hope that it will be installed without any problem.

If you are upgrading the version of the OfficeScan then my recommendation to you is to make the backup for the OfficeScan database as of the OfficeScan management console. I am saying this because the OfficeScan server database is having the entire settings along with the scan settings as well as privileges. While making the the database back up, OfficeScan mechanically defragments the database as well as repairs some probable corruption for index file.

Other than the above post, you can also make use of the Control Manager (TMCM) for taking the backup otherwise repeat the server settings. It will utilize the server settings for either restoring OfficeScan server if it encounters some of the problems while upgrading otherwise copy your server settings to some other OfficeScan server.