Thread: Using Titanium Serial number on the Internet Security 2010

Using Titanium Serial number on the Internet Security 2010

Hello, I am using Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 for some time, but sadly the license expires in three weeks time. I am happy with the performance of the IS and do not want to change it. I recently purchased their new 2011 Titanium product, but I after reading reviews I think I made a mistake of buying it. But if at all I can use the serial number with this product to extend my license of the old IS I would be happy. Can I use the serial number to purchase the license of one year for TMIS?

Re: Using Titanium Serial number on the Internet Security 2010

Hey, I believe you can use the serial number I think. This is because I have recently renewed the serial number for TIS 10 and I can use it for Titanium 11, and now I can switch back and forth on both the products using the key. So, I think the reverse way is also possible where you can use the serial number too of Titanium with the old one. Maybe you should try and find out for yourself or ask the company for getting clear understanding on what you want to do. You should have consulted before buying the product though.

I saw the renew online option but to renew for one more year the cost is $55, I paid less when I purchased it last year on a CD. Also, I don’t trust all these online renewal, since I had a bad experience last year. I renewed it online and declined it but still it showed enrolled. So, cancelling it was a headache for me, so now I only purchase the CD Retail versions of the products, as a matter of fact I bought Titanium for just $20, but since it’s of no use, I thought I could use it on the TIS product. I have Windows XP and I need a outbound firewall soon. If this is not possible I will need to find out another product that might be cheaper.

Hello, I am a Trend Micro employee. I think I have experience and personal knowledge regarding this software, and I can help you with any query regarding these products. So, I want ask you why you have problems with the Titanium product. You can give any feedback? And instead of using the Titanium serial number, why don’t you just renew the license for your old product? You can do that easily from the website of the product and extend your subscription. That would be easy enough than the method you want to use.

Well, regarding the feedback, I also feel that the old IS was much better than the new Titanium they have launched. Some of the things like lack of decent firewall interface, no exception for hard drive partition and also lack in customization have made me prefer the old TIS 2010. The Titanium is rather disappointing, I hope they bring the old product in a full-fledged manner again soon, as I want the customization options of the old one much better. They let me take control of the anti-virus, which is opposite in Titanium.

Sorry, but what you want to do is not possible. The serial numbers are forward compatible but not backward compatible. You can use the serial number of Titanium for the 2010 TIS, but you simply cannot use the other way round. So, you might want to try to return the product and just renew the 2010 one from the internet. So, I know that’s not you want to hear, but sadly you will have to pay extra to get those extra features. I too was happy with the products and felt secured before they introduced the Titanium product.